Return to the Pets Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
pamghatten ~~~

Posted by weed30 (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 8, 10 at 8:49

How is everything going? Did you choose a name? Any funny stories to report yet? :)

And, I think I speak for everyone when I demand that you post MORE PHOTOS! No excuses that he wiggles too much. He sleeps, doesn't he? You can take photos then! Or when he's eating! C'mon!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: pamghatten ~~~

LOL! Too funny ... he doesn't stand still when he eats ... he walks in a circle around his bowl! He only sleeps after I've gone to sleep ... though I did get some pics yesterday while he took a "cat nap". I'll post some more tonite when I get home.

He had his first ever visit to the vet and charmed everyone .. the vet was so excited to see a smooth coated collie, and she agrees with all of you that his weight is perfect. He had his 1st shots and nails trimmed .. he wiggles too much for me to do that by myself. He is being neutered next Weds. ... hope he still likes visiting the vet after that.

Took him to the specialty dog food store to get some real food for him to eat, the owner left me a bag of Ol'Roy dog food ... never heard of that before ... now he's getting some Wellness Core mixed in so I can gradually move him over to the better food.

He's obviously not used to riding in vehicles ... he'll need to get used to that. My dogs go with me whenever possible, weather permitting.

Lily thinks he's fun most of the time ... then she tells him to stop ... and he's come face-to-face with 2 of the cats ... with that silly tail wagging madly.

He's just a really great dog! More pics tonite!

o
RE: Rocky

Sorry, forgot ... am sticking with Rocky, he answers really well to it and it's growing on me.

o
RE: New Dog

OK, here are more pictures of Rocky ...

Power Nap:
6-6-2010 003

Lily and Rocky around the pond ....
6-6-2010 009

Harassing the red-wing black birds in the iris ...
6-6-2010 010

o

Thanks for the update and photos - he really is a beautiful dog.

o

Oh my.....I'll say it again in this thread.......he is just one really beautiful dog. I'm happy for you and very happy for him. Looks like a great match.

o

he just looks perfect in every way!!!! i am SO happy he found you!

o

I'll bet he thinks he's gone to heaven. Glad you found each other!!!

o

He's a real sweetie. Now he has a good life with a buddy.

o

He is just great ... last nite when I got home from work I took both of them out to the fenced back pasture, put the donkeys in their front pasture, and figured I'd throw the ball for them for a while.

Lily had other ideas ... she chased Rocky full speed around the pasture for 15 minutes, until they were both huffing and puffing. It was the funniest thing to watch ... his long legs kept him ahead of her easily. then she had to go swimming in the pond to cool off ... he stuck his front paws in, but didn't seem inclined to go all the way in.

Last nite I decided to let him sleep with her for the first time, instead of his crate ... he did really well. I heard him wandering around downstairs (I sleep upstairs with the cats) occasionally, but he seems to have taken over my old dog's (Dakota), dog bed.

Today I have a neighbor going over mid-afternoon to let him out of his crate, take them both out to pee, and then let him loose in the downstairs with Lily til I get home from work. We'll see how that goes.

He's getting used to our routine ... pretty easily.

o

He knows he has a good thing going.

o

a match made in heaven!!

i sure hope i have your luck if i bring bentley, the great dane, home sunday!

o

Had to add another one from this weekend ... Lily & Rocky on the 4 poster bed. Such spoiled kids ....

Spoiled kids!

o

He really is beautiful. LOL. I am soooo jealous as my dogs are getting older. My older brother tried to tell me the other day that I really don't need to replace all 3 of my dogs when they die (they are getting older too). I sort of chuckled, and I thought, umm.. "kiss my a**" I will never be without a dog.

o

Totally agree cindy ... am amazed people can say things like that ... I've gotten the same type of comments because of my menagerie.

o

He is very pretty.I like the picture of them together on the bed.

o

Another beautiful shot. I am just so happy for you. After what you've been through trying to find another dog, this seems to have turned out perfectly. I can't get over how pretty he is.

o

let me guess...you're using that bed picture for your computer wallpaper? LOL! what a GREAT kodak moment!

i'm SO glad to hear rocky is settling in so well. they are just perfect together!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pets Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here