Return to the Pets Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
brick patio and dog 'doing his business'

Posted by kakelly (My Page) on
Fri, Jun 29, 12 at 0:02

We are going to be moving and are looking at houses. We have found an adorable home with a small fenced-in back and side yard area that is ENTIRELY paved with brick and bordered with gardens. There is grass out front, but that area is not fenced. Question: We have a dog. Currently, we let him out into our fenced-in grassy back yard to pee and poop. Not a problem. But WILL it be a problem in this new fenced-in yard made entirely of brick? Unless he decides to go in the border gardens all the time. But I don't know what he would do. I'm imagining this can't be good for the brick and may stain or cause permanent odors. What do you think?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: brick patio and dog 'doing his business'

I agree that him going on the brick all the time will lead to stain and odors. How wide, from brick to fence, is the border? I would be inclined to take a portion of that and lay some sod, but if the border isn't large enough, then I'd remove some of the brick and either lay sod or artificial turf.

The challenge will be training him to go only on the sod or turf.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pets Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here