Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gardeningglovequilter

Please tell me about your King Cavalier

MiMi
12 years ago

Hello... I would like to hear from people who own King Cavalier's. I would like to know the pro's and con's of these dogs... also what health issues they are known for. I met a lady with one last week and her's was so sweet and friendly, is this typical for this breed? I have an aging Chihuahua and trying to make a wise decision on my next pet. I love my Chihuahua but she has the typical attitude.. would like my next pet to not be so territorial and nippy with the grandkids. So.. please tell me about yours..Thank you.. Debbie

Comments (3)

• cocontom
    12 years ago

I don't have one, but my BIL does. She is an absolute attention whore. She is one of the sweetest dogs I've ever met, very outgoing and is pretty smart. We have no idea how she is with kids though- I'm not even sure their neighbors have kids.

It took less than one meal for her to learn that Tom and I would ignore her when she begged (like trying to climb into your lap begging) at the dinner table, an she stopped with us, so she does respond well to training.

I don't know about health issues with the breed.

• Jeane Gallo
    12 years ago

I think they are beautiful little dogs and would make perfect lap dogs. But, be careful and check out your breeder. I read that because of the shape of their heads, sometimes their skulls are too small for their brains and they have chronic headaches. It would be catastrophic for me to have a pet that was suffering like that and not be able to do anything for it. Please check into that before you adopt one. I'm sure if you do some research online, you will find some info on it and what to look for.

• MiMi
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks for the replies... I will be sure to check the breeder out should I decide to get one. It would be horrible for a pet to suffer with headaches....