Return to the Pets Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Best Collar for dog?

Posted by trinigemini (My Page) on
Thu, May 14, 09 at 21:38

Right now I use a harness for my bulldog. The reason I started using the harness was because I was afraid of choking her with a regular collar if I put it on too tight, but if it was not tight she would get out of it. The harness just made me feel alot safer walking her on the street. However with a harness I have no control over her. She is a good dog, but sometimes she does not want to walk. I refuse to use a choker or a prong collar. Recently I've been taking her leash and just looping it around her neck and using that to control her and make her walk....of course I still have her harness on because I'm afraid the looped leash is not good enough. Is there a better collar that I should be using?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Best Collar for dog?

I would suggest trying a Martingale collar. The benefits of a choke or prong collar, only gentler. Linked below is some information. The collars themselves look just like regular buckle collars.

Here is a link that might be useful: clicky

o
RE: Best Collar for dog?

Weed that is exactly what I was looking for only I could not remember the name. Thanks. The looped leash works well but I have to keep tension on it so that the loop stays. This looks like a great fix. Thanks.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pets Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here