Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
momof2doxies_gw

Lucy needs your positive thoughts

momof2doxies
15 years ago

Lucy ended up having a cystoscopy yesterday because of on going incontinence and they found the unexpected. They had to biopsy three areas of her bladder that looked very suspicious. She also has extensive bladder wall thickening.

We won't have the pathology report back until Monday or Tuesday, so we are very concerned.

She is home now, but is on a lot of pain meds to keep her as comfortable as possible for now. She is way to young to have this happening to her. She is only 18 months old as of next week.

I feel guilty asking for more prayers and positive thoughts, but all of you have been so supportive over the past couple of years that I am asking for them again.

Thanks,

Linda

Comments (20)

• Elly_NJ
    15 years ago

Oh, Linda. Please keep us posted. My thoughts are with you, my dear.

• shellm
    15 years ago

Linda,Dont feel guilty at all.You and your dogs have been through so much.Hugs and prayers coming from Drake and I.Please keep us posted.

Shelley

• goldgirl
    15 years ago

Linda - sending you and Lucy prayers for a happy outcome.

• weed30 St. Louis
    15 years ago

Linda, I'm sorry. Positive thoughts going out to sweet Lucy from her friends in St. Louis.

• petaloid
    15 years ago

Poor puppy -- I hold the best thoughts for Lucy!

• caliloo
    15 years ago

I'm so sorry to hear that Lucy is not well. Prayers and lots of positive energy to all of you.

Alexa

• claire_de_luna
    15 years ago

Linda, I am sorry as well to hear about Lucy. You're both in my prayers. It's very hard to find out things like this about our beloved pets, isn't it? I appreciated so much your support for me during my ordeal with Luna, and you have mine. I'm keeping you both in my thoughts and beaming as much positive energy as I can...

• pkramer60
    15 years ago

Sending out prayers for Miss Lucy!

• wizardnm
    15 years ago

Linda, I'm really sorry to hear that Lucy is having problems. You are right, at 18 months you just don't expect this to be happening. My prayers go out to bot you and Lucy. Hang in there.

Nancy

• momof2doxies
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks everyone. Lucy just had a rotten night last night and today hasn't been any better until now. She is finally sleeping and snoring. She stopped eating and drinking yesterday, so she had to go in this AM and have fluids. She finally ate some carrots this evening, but still isn't drinking. I am giving her water through a syringe every hour or so. They weighed her this AM and we were all shocked to see that she has lost almost 3 pounds since the end of Feb. I am hoping that a good nights rest will help.

Thanks again,
    Linda

• doucanoe
    15 years ago

Oh, Linda. Little Lucy should not have to go through this at such a tender age.

Mojo and Chessa are sending big, wet puppy kisses to their GW fur-sister. We all hope she comes through this like the little trooper that she is!

Linda

• mustangs81
    15 years ago

Poor baby! I thank you from my doggie soft heart for taking care of her; too many people wouldn't. I hope you get Juicy Lucy kisses real soon.

• eandhl
    15 years ago

Feeling so badly for Lucy and her family. Sometimes life just isn't fair, you have had more than your share. Sending positive thoughts for Lucy.

• sylviatexas1
    15 years ago

sending Lucy my best thoughts for strength & healing & ravenous appetite.

• User
    15 years ago

I am so sorry and sending best wishes for a full recovery for little Lucy.

• momof2doxies
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Lucy finally decided to eat and drink a little today. It really seemed to perk her up some. She still jumps straight up 3 feet into the air when she potties though, so we are keeping her on the pain meds. We know all too well that you have to laugh when you can and watching her potty is sad and hilarious at the same time. The pain from the procedure should getting better soon. We are still waiting on the biopsy results. Hopefully they will come in today yet.

Thanks again for all the support.
    Linda

• shellm
    15 years ago

Good job,Lucy.Keep it up.We are all PULLING FOR YOU.Linda,Keep laughing,its better than CRYING.Drake sends his Lab best wishes and HUGS.

Shelley and Drake

• momof2doxies
    Original Author
    15 years ago

We finally got the biopsy results today and they were inconclusive. We are waiting on a few more tests results, then will have to make the decision to repeat the biopsy.

The good news is that Lucy is drinking normally and she doesn't jump straight up into the air when she potties anymore. She still has to be coaxed to eat, but that is probably due to the antibiotics.
    Thanks again,
    Linda

• sylviatexas1
    14 years ago

any news?

• shellm
    14 years ago

I was wondering the same thing.You are still my thoughts and prayers.

Shelley and Drake