Return to the Pets Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
wellness cat food

Posted by shylock1 (My Page) on
Sat, May 18, 13 at 21:20

If anyone has stopped using Wellness Cat Food, you are not alone. Here is the reason: Previously, Wellness produced their cat food at two locations, west and east.
The cans that started with MW on the bottom of the can (west) is what my cat was raised on for the last three years. Recently, my cat rejected it and I noticed that the product in the can was liquidity, smelled different and appeared to be more fatty. After talking with Wellness, I was informed that those were from the east coast production facility and had a 7W on the bottom of the can.
They also said that the 7W plant was the only one that will be producing in the future. After buying up a whole bunch of MW cans, I nevertheless, will have to prepare to switch from Wellness to another. Wellness doesn't seem to care as they are aware of this dissatisfaction.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: wellness cat food

My cans are 7W and I haven't noticed any difference. I'm on the west coast.

Has anyone had problems with Avoderm Chicken Formula? Last year my elderly cat vomited twice after eating it. I bought a few cans for our two year old a few weeks ago. Yesterday, she vomited blood and mucus on an empty stomach. I gave her the Avoderm about an hour later and she vomited the whole feeding. She's been fine ever since and eating her Wellness food. She has never vomited in the 9 months that we've had her.

So, what do we feed our kitties who like a chicken pate style food? Trader Joe's?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pets Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here