Return to the Pets Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
cat pregnancy -how seen after weaning

Posted by ellen17 (My Page) on
Mon, May 18, 09 at 15:30

I have a cat who had 5 kittens 7 weeks ago. She does not seem to be able to nurse them as much now and I have started them on solid food and cat milk. She is not a house cat, had the kits in a planter outside my front door, but I have kept them all inside. The mom goes out a few times a day and returns to wash them and they try to suckle, but don't seem to get much. I will get her spayed as soom as I know it's OK. Is it possible for her to get pregnant again so soon?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: cat pregnancy -how seen after weaning

Yes, it's entirely possible that she's pregnant again already if you've been letting her go outside. Wait until the kits are a full 8 weeks old before weaning them, then get the mother spayed. The vet can abort and spay if she's pregnant again.

Laurie

o
RE: cat pregnancy -how seen after weaning

thank you Laurie. This cat started to appear just after storm Fay and would come and go for several months. She looked as if she was cared for and I thought that she was already spayed. i have 4 cats and this has really caused a problem. My cats would be out around the property all day and come in towards evening. like cows to the barn. It was a nice arrangement. Now it is all hissing and growling and they stay in the greenhouse or garage. I just lost my 21 year old cat. He would never stay in,even on the coldest night. Thanks for answering my post.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pets Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here