Return to the Pets Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Drs. Foster & Smith dispenses wrong drug to my dog

Posted by flyingflower (My Page) on
Wed, May 26, 10 at 14:00

This is a cross-over post but it really belongs here. I'd like to know who to report this pharmacy to. If you don't mind, rather than repeat everything I'll just provide a link so you read it from the other forum.

Here is a link that might be useful: Gardenweb post

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Drs. Foster & Smith dispenses wrong drug to my dog

You can contact the better business bureau....not much else can be done. Caveat Emptor (Buyer beware) This is why vets frown on people purchasing meds from a source our\tside their office.

o
RE: Drs. Foster & Smith dispenses wrong drug to my dog

That is rather upsetting. One thing I've learned to do with ANY pharmacy is check the med before using it. My mother has had several issues with her diabetic and blood pressure meds from our own Walmart!

I've been a Foster Smith customer for about 4 years and have ordered my dog's Heartgard, anti-biotics and thyroid pills from them without an issue. It's good you found the mistake without any harm done. Luckily, it seems like this is an isolated case. I'll still be getting my pup's meds from Foster Smith as it's MUCH cheaper than what my vet wants to get outta me!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pets Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here