Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
krista726

Cant Tryin to pass Hair Ball?

krista726
14 years ago

Im writing for my brother...He recently adopted a couple of older cats from our local humane society. One is a male around 9 and the other is a female around 5 or 6...

Im writing about the female, Anna. He's had her about two months now and for almost the whole duration of that time she's been throwing up multiple times a day.

He picked up a tube of stuff from our local pet store that you put in their mouths and it's suppose to make it easier for them to pass hairballs...well that "seemed" to work and once he started cutting back on it like the intstructions said she started doing it again.

He took her to the vet a few days ago, and all the vet said is she's tryin to pass a hair ball?! And told my brother to feel free and give her as much of that stuff he picked up at the pet store that he cant give her too much of it, it may give her diareah but it should help....

Well it hasnt helped, my brother got home from work two days ago and she had thrown up in 5 different spots. He is frustrated and is starting to think about returning her to the humane society, which I know is something he'd hate to do he's attached to her already, but he cant stand having to come home almost everyday and clean up vomit.

He has tried changing their foods...but nothing seems to help.

Any suggestions would be great!

Comments (5)