Return to the Pets Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Dinovite or Missing Link?

Posted by RyseRyse_2004 (My Page) on
Fri, May 31, 13 at 13:02

My dog's hot spot problem was getting to the point where we were going to have to invest in another vet visit (last one for this was over $200!) That was last spring about this time and we wanted to avoid the expense again if at all possible. I was using the hydrocortizone lotion and benedryl and it was improving but I ordered Missing Link anyway just to try it.

Well, by the time it came, he had stopped scratching completely and the sores are healing. Sooooo - I guess it doesn't have to work - you just have to buy it. I am putting the package in the freezer unopened until he has another problem with hot spots. Hopefully it won't be until next spring.

I decided against Dinovite because of negative comments and the price.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Dinovite or Missing Link?

You can use Witch Hazel directly on the hot spot, it will dry it out

o
RE: Dinovite or Missing Link?

Thanks but the bumps are all over her body. When she would get an especially bad case, the vet had to shave the whole front half of her, give her a steriod shot and then anti-fungal wash and hydrocortizone creme. Since I wrote this post, the bumps are back and I am using the Missing Link (daily for 6 days so far.)

The bumps are going away and the itching has stopped. Whenever there is itching, I use the hydrocortizone creme and that alleviates it immediately.

I can see Witch Hazel helping if there is just spot or two but that wasn't my problem.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pets Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here