Return to the Pets Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Dog's nose rubbed bald

Posted by drummond (My Page) on
Tue, May 5, 09 at 12:56

My 4-year-old female border collie has had a bald, red nose since last fall. She gets seasonal itching every year in the fall but the nose problem has persisted now for six months.

She also had what my vet called "reverse sneezing" which was attempting to remove a foreign body from her nose. It lasted about 3 months and went away. I wonder if there is a connection.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Dog's nose rubbed bald

Most dogs reverse sneeze even without anything up there HOWEVER, since your dogs nose is bald Im thinking there is something up there which is bothering her and needs to be located and removed. I suggest contacting a vet who is willing to do a little more work on your dog to figure out what is going on. Hope this gets resolved soon

o

My friend's dog has that. It was diagnosed as a canine form of lupus (i.e. autoimmune). Steroids sometimes help, but the poor gal never is completely rid of it.

o

Yes, I was thinking Discoid lupus too on the bald nose. What does your vet say about it?

o

Just a thought, when my old girl had "reverse sneezing" it was always because of dental problems.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pets Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here