Return to the Pets Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Hurts to lose another sweet kitty

Posted by dukerdawg (My Page) on
Fri, May 6, 11 at 10:31

Sigh. Today is probably the last day for my cat Sebastion aka Foofey Boy. He was diagnosed in August with a heart murmur and we were told he only had a few weeks. Well, he has had a couple of seizures and I think he may have had a stroke....he wanders around seemingly oblivious to his wherabouts. I found him a few days ago with his paw in the dogs water bowl staring at it.

Today he can't get up...he is all bones...too weak to stand...so I think this is the end. I'm waiting for my wife to get home to make the appointment.

I know I'll be a mess and am crying typing this out. He is 18 years old and has had a wonderful pampered life but it still hurts.

Sebastian: Feb.14, 1992 - May.6, 2011

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Hurts to lose another sweet kitty

I'm so sorry. Today will be a difficult day for you but keep reminding yourself of the wonderful years you had with Sebastion and how your last gift of love to him will be to ease his suffering.
Hugs to everyone...........

o

i'm so very sorry for your impending loss. what wonderful caretakers you have been, 18 years is a very long and full life for a kitty. RIP foofey boy.

hugs to you both as you go down this road.

o

I am always sorry to read about the loss of a beloved pet. I am glad Sebastian aka Foofey Boy lived a happy, pampered, long life with you.

My condolences to you and your wife.

o

I'm so sorry. It does sound like his batteries are powering down. :-( He has had a long life and I'm sure a good life with you; this will comfort you in time. I've been there too many times. My sincere condolences...

o

Thanks for the kind words. They mean a lot. We just got back from the vet. Poor boy was just ready...he had no more fight left in him. He went peacefully and quickly. Shed a few tears but know that he had a great long life and have to try to keep those positive thoughts in my head.

RIP Foofey

Duane

o

We love our furry friends, they have a special place in our hearts. I'm sorry for your loss.

o

I'm sorry for your loss. All our pets are precious to us..Little furkids.

o

Sorry. You were good people to him, and that's what you have to remember too.

o

Duane I am sorry for the loss of your boy Foofey. 18 years of a wonderful life together is a huge blessing. Hope you are doing ok.

o

So sorry. I know how it hurts, but I also know you gave him a good life. (((Duane)))

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pets Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here