Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
michael_so_fl

Where are you getting Comfortis?

michael_so_fl
11 years ago

How come I have to send my money half way around world to buy an American product cheaper? U.S vets want $90 for 6 tablets. I get it from Australia for $59 + shipping.I save $20. What's wrong with this scenario? What are we doing wrong?

Comments (76)

• animalkookies
    10 years ago

I will never use Pets of Oz ever again for anything. i ordered Comfortis from this Australian company and yet the package arrived from the UK. You need a prescription in the UK. I used the comfortis on both my large and small dog and it never worked. They still itched, and scratched and got flea bites. I payed paypal and it was via yahoo shopping with PetsofOz so i only had a certain window to file for a refund via paypal and PetsofOz only accepted refunds within 30 days. And with flea meds, you usually need more than one month to figure out if it is working or not. Scam.

• animalkookies
    10 years ago

Fyi, previously I had gotten my Comfortis from my vet. It worked that time.

• floridapalmken
    10 years ago

hmm animalkookies - I am having the same feeling about the Revolution I got from online- wonder if its as strong as the usa kind. Says made by Pfizer.

• gardenwebnewbie
    9 years ago

For those in the US with smaller dogs and feel safer buying from their vet - buy the dosage that is double what you need and break them in half with a pill splitter. My vet allows me to do this. Much cheaper this way as a box lasts a year vs. only six months. You won't have to wait for shipping or worry you may be purchasing a counterfeit product. Manufacturer still gets their $$ as well, vs. losing out to a counterfeit manufacturer. :-)

• MsCandy
    9 years ago

I was reading this and noticed that it was posted Pets Of Oz is an Australian company. The parent company is called Pets Of Australia and is supposedly based here in Australia. Pets Of Australia/Pets Of Oz have many complaints against them. Unhappy customers state if you buy from Pets Of Australia your payment goes to Pets Of Oz, which is strange as POA is the parent company, and one site is in AU dollars while the other is in US dollars. Just be careful with this one! I decided to use My Pet Warehouse instead, great prices and posted same day, unfortunately I dont think they post overseas, sorry.

• Susan
    8 years ago

I have been ordering Comfortis for my 4-legged furry children for about 3 yrs from http://www.hoofanhound.com/ in Australia; I live in Florida near the beach and rarely see a flea. There are good-looking counterfeits out there luring us to their sites, and I believe I bought some fakes in the past because the products didn't work, but it was before I found http://www.hoofanhound.com/. They are a large service provider, the product works and the prices are the best I have found anywhere reputable. Another tip that may help someone is that I have a greyhound and 3 Chihuahuas so I buy the X-LG (brown box) 60-120 lb and give Delilah (greyhound) a large half and split the small half proportionately among the 3 little ones. The point is that you can upsize and split the pills to stretch them further. I dose 4 dogs for 6 mos for $75 + $7 shipping rate. For example, if you have a 40 lb dog, you could split the X-LG size pill into 3 monthly doses and stretch a 6-mo box into 1 1/2 yrs (for $82)! Or use that same X-LG (up to 120 lbs) dose for a 20lb and 40 lb dog, one pill dosing both of them for 2 months so the box would last a year for 2 dogs! So far I have had excellent results dosing on the low side of the scale rather than the higher and please take caution if you do this (buying larger size pills and splitting for more doses) please calculate by mg and lbs exactly how much of each pill each dog should get so you don't mis-dose your furry loved ones. Good luck in your searches for the best care for your best friends!!

• michael_so_fl
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Hey Everybody, I am now using trifexis that takes care of 2 problems,heartworms and fleas. I get it from PetsuppliesNet.com, I have a 65 lb chowchow and with shipping cost me $86. It is legit from Lilly and Elanco, comes in same container as it does from the states. Australia and England save us money so I don't care as long as it is the right stuff.

• widmark
    8 years ago

I keep getting emails from canadavetexpress.com with discounts and free shipping for Comfortis... Would be even cheaper than PetSuppliesNet.com. But I am skittish about ordering from one of these sites... Does anybody have experience with canadavetexpress?

• annieinthegarden
    8 years ago

Hi

I found this forum while searching online for Comfortis for my pets. I saw the discussions about buying medications from other countries. I not only buy medications for my pets from other countries, but I take medications which I've purchased from other countries and they're exactly the same.

I recently got a notification from my local pharmacy that a medication which I've been taking for years, would suddenly cost over $600 a month. I didn't want to switch medications, so researched and bought it from a Canadian pharmacy. I don't think even a whole year's supply cost me $600! LoL!! And, even though I bought it through a Canadian pharmacy, it was shipped from India. hahahaha But it's the same medication. My husband recently got the same notification from our pharmacy. He takes the same medication, just a different mg. So, we ordered it, again, from the pharmacy in Canada. What are you gonna do? If Pfizer thinks I can afford $600 a month for my medication, they're crazy. And this is not the first time I've been forced to do this. Just because the medication is shipped from another country doesn't make it less effective or not legitimate. Even if the packaging is different, it states the medication is made by the same manufacturer and has the same warning insert and the ingredient list is identical.

I bought Drontal for cats from www.petsofoz.com because it was not only cheaper, but my vet only wanted to sell me one tablet at a time and I work with rescue groups. I don't need one Drontal tablet, sometimes I need 10!

Anyway, buy medications for your pets, or even for yourself, from other countries with confidence.

annie

michael_so_fl thanked annieinthegarden
  • Susanne Banks
    8 years ago

I signed up just so I could post this. One of the feral cats in the colony I take care of has a TERRIBLE flea allergy and Comfortis is the only thing I can give her that helps. I found the absolute best (and cheapest) place, that ships from the USA. The website is http://bestflea.com/, however, they removed Comfortis as an option to order online so whenever I need it, I just call 800-839-1592 and order by phone. I actually just called about 15 minutes ago and ordered two boxes, it's Sunday and they answered the phone!! One box of 6 is only $45.95, plus they ship free and since it's from the US, it only takes a few days to arrive. I really hope this info helps some of you out there looking for a good deal on Comfortis. **Upon re-reading this, I realized I sound kinda like a shill, but I assure you, I am not. :)

• floridapalmken
    8 years ago

thanks Susanne, you don't have any problem getting the cat to eat the comfortis?

• Susanne Banks
    7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

Well, I actually split the pill into fourths so there are only 4 "morsel" sized chunks of pill. Then, I like to let the chunks soak for a minute in the broth/gravy of Weruva ~ BFF Pouches {which is THE BEST WET FOOD EVER to GIVE CATS MEDICINE - I've yet to meet a cat who doesn't just love this stuff}. Often times I'll also mix in some canned tuna in OIL or just a bit of olive oil since the cat needs to take w/ a fatty meal in order for the Comfortis to really work. Then, I'll strategically place the four pieces of pill in a very small amount, maybe a couple tablespoons, worth of food so I can watch the cat gobble it all up (while praying like a hell that she doesn't realize what's up). That method has worked for me pretty much every time. Hope that helps. ;)

btw ~ (the only reason I don't pulverize entire pill is because if cat leaves any food, I won't know how much of the pill she ingested).

• Firstname Lastname
    7 years ago

Beware of the site MyDogHasFleas that advertises Comfortis without a prescription. They sell a generic brand that does not work. I had to buy the real thing before I saw results on my pet.

• Susanne Banks
    7 years ago

Hey Firstname Lastname, thanks for the heads up. Just wondering how you could tell that it was generic? Did it go by a different brand name? Any info you could offer to better clarify would be so very appreciated. Thanks!

• Nicky Whelan
    7 years ago

I order comfortis from a web site in Australia, www.hoofanhound.com and have for years. 6 pills for 20 - 40 lb,s run $70.00 and standard shipping is $7.00. I adopted a 7 mo. old Jack Russell and he was covered with live fleas. I gave him one of those pills and in less 10 minutes they were dead or jumping of while we were still outside.

• stardust17
    7 years ago

Just thought I would suggest to everyone who has an issue with fleas that there is a MUCH more natural & healthier thing you can try than giving your furkids poison....organic pure coconut oil, slathered on them to kill the ones currently on them and then feeding it to them (which they LOVE and good for coat) internally to keep them off. Please do some research on this method and forget the poison. Works for ticks too...

• SaltiDawg
    7 years ago

I'm sure the "organic" modifier makes it work. lol

• stardust17
    7 years ago

No, I'm not kidding. And you should research things before laughing them off. Parasites often develop a resistance to drugs which is why things like Comfortis stops working for many people...and fleas being parasitic are no different. CO is anti-fungal, anti-bacterial & has lauric acid that kills parasites. Externally the oil coats the flea preventing it being able to move or at least slows them way down and essentially suffocates them. Taken internally kills eggs they may ingest. There are many people who swear by it as a flea preventative. My dogs have never had fleas, being indoor dogs who get bathed once a week, but I take them all over the place on mini adventures and 3 walks a day in humid TX and never a flea on them.

• SaltiDawg
    7 years ago

I really hope you are kidding. lol

"you should research things" Point me in the direction of one trial or peer-reviewed study that documents "organic pure coconut oil, slathered on them to kill the ones currently on them and then feeding it to them..."

(And I don't mean the one re Garlic or Apple Cider Vinegar nor cedar oil nor lavender oil nor sliced lemon nor cedar chips... they are all on the same page with coconut oil.)

If you get people to buy in on this, I'd be concerned that you will cause some dogs actual harm. Flea and Tick Prevention and Control are medically important issues and much effort and money has been put into trials and studies resulting in proven treatments in the form of many pesticides.

Yes pesticides.

• mamapinky0
    7 years ago

I can't even imagine my home if I slathered coconut oil on my dog..oil everywhere and people would be slipping on the floors. I haven't checked into any health risk it may cause my baby, but my old bones would be broken.

• socks
    7 years ago

My Westie gets filthy as it is, but dirt, gravel, grass, sticks attaching to coconut oiled fur, then in the house, on the sofa, on the beds. No Thanks! I have been very happy with Comfortis (which I get from my vet), and it's one of the safer ones as reviewed by the Natural Resources Defense Council. We are told to give it year-round in CA, but one winter I skipped it and he was fine. Last winter--well, actually we didn't have winter--I kept it up the whole time. Fleas are intolerable, and I pity dogs or other animals who are forced to endure them.

Stardust, if it works for you, that's excellent, and I mean that! Certainly safer than any pill. I would welcome that if it would work for me.

• stardust17
    7 years ago

sorry for the confusion, but I didn't mean that you would have to
    keep your dog covered in oil indefinitely. slathering them with the
    oil is just for people whose dog is infested;
    so it would be left on maybe overnight and you could crate him to keep
    the house from getting messy and then bathe him...and you give it to them internally to keep them off.
    just a tsp a day or maybe every other day...depending on size. they
    love it and it has many other health benefits too. Check petMD and the various
    forums where countless people share their experience; it isn't just
    me. yes, fleas are awful. I have rescued dogs off the street where
    hundreds of fleas were literally bouncing off them. what a miserable existence for
    them. :(

My dogs have never had fleas, but I have a 5 lb white chihuahua who was a rescue and she has sensitive skin & allergies...when she came to me, she was a mess, over weight and lots of constant itching & hotspots all over from obsessive biting & scratching. I did the slathering of CO oil on her as well as other natural remedies for about 2 weeks and today she has a beautiful coat, no itching and a happy, spoiled life.

• gods_believer7
    7 years ago

Hi Everyone. I just signed up to comment here and hope someone will help me out. I was so excited to find this thread and find comfortis cheaper, however most of the websites given will not ship to the US so those are out and the others require a prescription from a vet so what did you do? I would like to place my order but don't have a prescription and how could I ask my vet? He would wonder why I don't just buy from him, but he sells comfortis for $20 for ONE pill =(

• Elaine Mimbs
    7 years ago

Hi All, I was wondering if anyone has heard of this website and the generic form of Comfortis Spinosad: http://www.puppybuttspetsupply.net/product/generic-comfortis-for-cats-5-9-lbs-140-mg-6-months-supply/

My husband and I do foster and rescue...our vet wants $80 for three pills of comfortis and I am looking for a good supplier that has reasonable pricing.

Any thoughts on this website and product?

• Susanne Banks
    7 years ago

Hey Elaine (& gods_believer7), first off, GOD BLESS you for your foster and rescue work. I know first hand the emotional and financial toll that works entails. In the past, I actually looked into and ended up purchasing generic flea meds from petsneedmeds.com, which looks to be similar to Puppybuttspetsupply. Honestly, I just never really felt comfortable giving any of those generic meds to the cat colony I care for. Something in my gut just didn't feel right so I stopped and SCOURED the internet to find an affordable solution (plus 3 cats had severe flea allergies, were in dire condition leading me to believe the generics weren't cutting it & desperately needed help)!

By the grace of God, I found Bestflea.com. They no longer list Comfortis on their website but they DO CARRY the authentic/ NON-generic med, which comes 6 pills/box for $45 +free ship. Here's a copy of my last order/invoice for 2 boxes I bought this July (sorry I couldn't get the quality better). You can either call them at 1-800-839-1592 or email sales@bestflea.com to order. Plus, it's never taken more than 3-4 days for my order to arrive which is awesome!!

• SaltiDawg
    7 years ago

I am actually not commenting on the efficacy of buying from bestflea.com, but they seem to be a Canadian firm with a mailing office located in VT.

The price for the Frontline Plus at this site is not very good at all, and is labeled in Kg vice lbs.

Again just observations, not bashing the source!

• supakat111
    7 years ago

I get Comfortis for my dogs from No Prescription Pet Meds. Items are shipped from California.

• Lori Berry
    7 years ago

There is no such thing as a "guaranteed" flea and tick killer. Reality is fleas develop an immunity to pesticides. So on my dogs I do use drugs and organic supplements. Previously someone asked for studies on CO. Well my vet referenced AVA studies when we discussed it. He stated it cant hurt as long as given within reason and sure does seem to help the babies he see's taking it. The dogs that I take in with SEVERE skin issues recover one hell of a lot faster when I use a 50\50 mix of coconut oil and vitamin E oil MASSAGED into skin and coat. Also when given daily. My vets office now recommends it to their patients when they feel it is warranted. Like anything you cannot rely on only one thing to help your furbabies. You have to use common sense in everything you do for them. Yes certain things will assist them with various things but you have to go slow and test it to make sue your baby is handling it ok. Being sarcastic with each other is no help. Sharing experiences does. And as to the "organic" helps comment.... yes alot of us go organic so that we have less risk of hurting our furchildren or making them sick. But everyone keep in mind just because it says organic doesnt mean it is actually what you may consider organic. READ
    THE LIST OF INGREDIENTS...

Just remember that keeping them on flea and heartworm meds every month gives them a better chance at a longer happier life and less stress on your wallet...

I wish everyone and their 4 leggers health and happiness!!!

• SaltiDawg
    7 years ago

She's baaack. lol

• rosawoodsii
    7 years ago

Hmm, SaltiDawg, do you have a problem with natural products? If you do, I guess you can take a go at me, too, because I'd much rather treat my animals naturally than with man-made chemicals.

That's not saying I'll never use them, but they're a last resort.

• rosawoodsii
    7 years ago

Elaine Mimbs, I'm a little leery of using generics, only because the generic form is not exactly the same formulation as the original. While Spinosad is in both, what is the difference in "neutral" ingredients? And if Spinosad needs a prescription, why is a U.S. based company able to sell it without one?

• SaltiDawg
    7 years ago

"only because the generic form is not exactly the same formulation as the original"

Actually, it may be exactly the same formulation.

• Amanda Barron
    6 years ago

Has anyone ordered from http://www.bestdealpetsupply.com/index.php/products/flea-tick/comfortis.html

I've been looking and the 2 cheapest I've found are best deal pet supply and Petsuppliesnet.com. I just thought I'd see if anyone has had issues with either before I order! Thanks!

• michael_so_fl
    Original Author
    6 years ago

I have been ordering from Petsuppliesnet.com. for a couple of years now. Find it confusing about where it's coming from, I believe New Zealand but the meds are legitimate.

• socks
    6 years ago

As I stated above, I buy it from my vet. Costs a little more but it's worth it to support a fine practice.

• aviolet6
    6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

Discountpetmedication.biz is good for those wanting to save money. I get Revolution for cats, Comfortis and heartguard for the dog.

• Jo Pai
    5 years ago

Another way to buy pet meds without a prescription is across the border in Mexico. Not only are there dozens of human pharmacies, but vet pharmacies too. I buy Comfortis for large dogs and cut it in portions my cats' weights. I have 4 outside cats that get fleas. Living in Texas, I can make a day trip to south Texas and shop across the border with no problems.

• SaltiDawg
    5 years ago

Why butt in and talk about getting prescription drugs without a prescription?

No one else was talking about that!!!

Lots of things you can bring back from Mexico. lol

• Shirley
    4 years ago

I went to the DogSTARspace.com, do not waste your time, this website is written in Chinese, or a similar language. I would beware, you never who is posting on the comment section.

• Shirley
    4 years ago

I ordered the seresto collar from hoofanhound and they are fake, I have used them for years and this is the first time I ever had any issue.

• Naomi Bergner
    4 years ago

Thanks to Susanne Banks for posting the info about bestflea.com. I also have a feral cat colony and we're developing a flea problem. And also thanks for posting your invoice so I can see what strength you use and the tips on how to to get certain ones to eat the meds. I'm going to give it a shot!

• Kelly Thaxton
    3 years ago
    last modified: 3 years ago

@SaltiDawg, what is wrong with you? You seem to have a negative comment every time you have something to say. This thread is about finding confortis online from pharmacies outside the US for the best price and without having a prescription. Hope you have a better day tomorrow!

• Susan
    3 years ago
    1. You're right Kelly and @SaltiDawg is missing the point; when ordering from http://petsuppliesnet.com/ that I started this thread with I know I am getting a real product and not a counterfeit which most of us would not be able to identify - it just wouldn't work in our pets and @SaltiDawg is advocating a counterfeit capital in Mexico. I still get my Comfortis for fleas at http://petsuppliesnet.com/ 9 yrs after this original post so it is a proven product along with liquid Ivermectin for heartworms. The other benefit of shopping for Comfortis outside of U.S. is I order the largest size and cut it down to dose 3 small and 1 large (85 lbs) from one Comfortis tablet that doses up to 120 lbs. If I purchase it in U.S. I would need to buy a box for each dog in their weight category so each gets a whole pill from their box every month plus each dog needs an exam...we in U.S. make it so expensive it becomes cost prohibitive. I am 62 yrs old and started as a surgical veterinary technician in my 20s so I think I know what I'm talking about. Even with employee discounts for these products it is still way cheaper to buy Comfortis and many other meds that require a prescription here outside of U.S. and a large bottle of injectable ivermectin to use orally (pull up with syringe from bottle, take needle off and squirt in their mouth) from a feed store locally or Jeffers.com. Way cheaper for heartworm prevention!! So @SaltiDawg, good luck finding real meds and not counterfeits in Mexico... if I still lived near the border I may look into it but what I have lined out here is tried and true and much of this I learned from the vets I have worked for over the years and some do these themselves if they don't get enough freebies from the product reps :)
  • Leigh Ann Whitehead
    2 years ago

https://www.walmartpetrx.com/s-219-comfortis.aspx

I found the brown box for 53.98 here in stock.

• HU-698049722
    2 years ago
    last modified: 2 years ago

While that is a good price I will continue to advocate for my purchase process of no Rx and getting it outside of USA because I buy the largest size available and split up a tablet among 4 dogs whereas here in the US we have to have an exam first ($ cha ching!) and then buy a box for each pet. So I keep costs much lower by buying the box for up to 120 lbs then splitting it according to their weight. by the way this is Susan and I began writing this post about 9 yrs ago in response to Mike's question and have kept up with it periodically over the years. I am still purchasing comfortis through petsuppliesnet.com as no one has swayed me to a cheaper and safer site or source.

• Jer Miah
    2 years ago
    last modified: 2 years ago

petsuppliesnet.com says comfortis sold out and they are replacing with some other brand with different active ingredient

• HU-698049722
    2 years ago

yes I discovered that too so I ordered the new product Simparica; it looks like it is made from the same company that makes Comfortis and it is not just petsuppliesnet.com that is out of Comfortis but many reputable sites. So we'll just have to see how good this product is but, either way, the debate is primarily where we can buy our pet meds at the lowest possible price and get a quality product and not a counterfeit.

• HU-762949632
    2 years ago

The active ingredient is Spinosad, a natural bacterium that kills fleas. Simparica is using a toxic chemical to kill fleas.

I read that a slightly increased dosage of Ivermectin will also kill fleas. Trying to find the right dosage of Ivermectin for killing fleas and heartworm in a 60 pound dog?

• Brandi Barnett
    last year

Are any of these sites still selling Comfortis without a prescription??? I need some seriously asap for my babygirl!!