Return to the Pets Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
breed identification

Posted by JimL64 (My Page) on
Sun, May 12, 13 at 9:32

Showed up on my doorstep. She's looks about 12 weeks old. Any idea of breed or breeds? Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: breed identification

It's hard to say since she's only 12 weeks old, but beagle mix was my first guess.

o

Yes, definitely some beagle. Maybe some boxer too? altho her muzzle doesn't look very short. Cute baby.

o

Definitely a Beagle.....but she looks older than 12 weeks. Another photo would help.

o

Vet said around 10 weeks. Thanks for the replies.

o

That's a very cute beagle, Jim. Are you keeping her?

o

She's asleep at my feet. Keeping her.

o

She looks so "hugable". Give her a big one and a smooch from me. Lucky little girl to have found a forever home. Thank you.

o

What a nice puppy you've had show up! I'd keep her, too.

o

Seriously cute. Did you have him scanned for a microchip? Please post signs all around your neighborhood and at the vets/pet stores in your area. Someone is probably desperately missing this cutie.

o

The breed is a "Cutie Patootie." It is characterized by the "awwwwwws" it provokes, along with the urges to kiss it.

o

Looks like part beagle to me and absolutely darling! I saw a kit for DNA identification for dogs at Walmart --- $89 for anyone who is willing to spend that kind of money.

o

Thank you. I can pay that. I'll look for one.

o

The only reliable dna kit is Wisdom Panel, marketed by Mars Laboratories at http://www.wisdompanel.com/wisdom-panel-2-0/. They have a library of the dna of over 200 breeds and charge only $79.99 for the home swab kit. Cheaper and a lot more accurate than Walmart.

o

Did Wisdom Panel and has no beagle. According to test she is american staffordshire terrier, bulldog, greyhound mix. Also some pointer way back when.

o

My first reaction to your report was 'huh'??? : )
If I look hard enough I guess I can see the Stafforshire in the body, but that head and face look more like hound and greyhound.

Either way, I'm sure she's making a great companion and is lucky to have wandered into your home.
Thanks for the update!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pets Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here