Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
elly_nj

Blind Cat

Elly_NJ
11 years ago

I'm kind of stunned.

I've been fostering a cat in renal failure, and she is doing fine in that regard. She is sweet and loving. She is eating well, no additional fluids. I've had her a month, and she basically chose to live in the bathroom, on the sink, where I set up a bed and food. It seemed strange that she rarely left her spot. I tried to get her to play, throwing toys in her direction. No interest.

Always used the litter box. She explored at night, or when I was gone with Lucy, my Lab.

Then I moved.

In the chaos of moving, she was amazingly under foot. Like she had no clue where she was. I accounted it to being old, but she's only 8.

In the new apartment, she walks in circles. She kept falling off the bed. She follows me everywhere.

And she never looks up.

So I tried a menace response, moving my hand quickly to her face. Nothing. Did it again, and again. Nothing. She's blind. I watched her closely now as she walks around the house. She is definitely blind.

So basically, I moved the furniture on a blind cat : (

I have sturdy fleece-covered foam steps at the foot of my bed for my dog. I've been trying to lure her up and down the steps so she learns how to better access the bed she just wants to be with me. I took her into my recliner just now, and will guide her off. I want her to learn the height of the bed, sofa and chairs.

Is there anything else I can do to help her learn her space?

It's about a week since I moved, and she walks aimlessly.

Comments (5)