Return to the Pets Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Family Cat Saves Little Boy From an Attacking Stray Dog

Posted by Don_in_Colorado (My Page) on
Thu, May 15, 14 at 2:18

This cat is my hero! She's out of nowhere, defending her human! You may have already seen this, but if not...She loves her boy-human!

Good Kitty!

Don B.

Here is a link that might be useful: Guard Cat

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Family Cat Saves Little Boy From an Attacking Stray Dog

I saw this on the news last night, Thank God the little guy is going to be OK, what a traumatic experience for such a little one. I hope the neighbors are fined and have to pay all the Dr. bills. I'm sure that courageous kitty got a great dinner & lots of hugs & kisses last night.

o

So great to see cats getting credit for being protective! My current cat will attack my dog when he gets overly excited and starts his protective barking and I think she'd do the same with a strange dog that she decided was acting stupid.

o

Some cats can be amazingly protective. I've had two family cats who exhibited that behavior, and both were females. One took on FIVE large, unfamiliar dogs at the same time in defense of a family dog. The other took on a stray cat who went after a family dog, though I think she attacked because she thought the stray was going after me. Attack cats are absolutely FEARLESS!

Laurie

o

What I don't understand is why, when the mother went to check on her child, she didn't scoop him up immediately to remove him from danger, should the dog come back? Instead, she ra the other way. I'm not surprised by the cat's actions, especially if it were a female cat. They can be very protective and fearless.

o

The mother was going around the other side of the car to make sure the dog wasn't still there.

o

I saw the story! That cat was awesome! The family acquired the cat when it followed the mother and boys home from a park. Guess it was a stray?

Here is a link with a pic of the boy kissing the cat. You can tell the cat adores the kid!

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2630303/Hero-feline-saved-boy-dog-attack-throw-pitch-minor-league-baseball-game.html

o

I'm normally a proponent of keeping cats indoors, but this would be a sadder story then. Dog was apparently euthanized, so sad enough.

o

Some days after the story hit the news I read that the dog was not put down as originally thought. I wonder tho.

o

The dog was eventually put down.

Don B.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pets Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here