Return to the Pets Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
counterfeit flea medication?

Posted by honugirl (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 27, 10 at 22:28

Aloha,
I searched online for a good deal on Advantage for Cats (less than 9 pounds) and found a company that sells it for $29.00. I received it in the mail today, two weeks after I placed the order. It looks like it was shipped from Canada. Anyway, the Advantage I buy is always in an orange box. This box is green and white and it says its flea prevention and treatment for cats and dogs less than 4 kg.
Does anyone know if the packaging in Canada is different from the U.S.? I'm hoping I have the real thing!
Mahalo in advance.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: counterfeit flea medication?

Call the company that makes it.

o

A kg is 2.2 lbs

o

Aloha Sista. No hit point panic. Check with the company. It sounds too inexpensive tho, best stick with the real stuff eh.
I use Advantage - half dose because I can recap, save lots.
If you live Mauka you get plenty fleas!!!
Ahui ho.

o

I love how people on this site are always willing to help! Ahh, the Aloha spirit!
I did research and discovered that the green box I received is from Australia. Whew, although it turned out I bought the real thing, I won't be doing that kind of shopping again. (Too late, Mazer, I already hit point panic!)
Mahalo!

o

Bummer...Good to know tho!! Shakka.

o

I found some sites with the cheapest flea/tick preventives like advantage, frontline plus, comfortis, advantix, heartgard plus, etc. These are the real products, no counterfeits.

You may have ordered a product with older packaging.

Canada and Australia are safe places to order medicines for both pets and people and prices are usually cheaper there. Canadian doctors are as good or better than American doctors.

I found websites at DogSTARspace that orders directly from the manufacturers, and the website sell it for less then anywhere I have found. With shipping around $3-$4 and takes about 10-14 days to ship. But worth it for the cheapest pricing.

Several sites that have the real thing, not counterfeit at DogSTARspace.com I found it on the Forums under Minor Health Issues and Prevention Tips. Way too many articles to copy them all here for you.

Hope this helps.

Here is a link that might be useful: DogSTARspace

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pets Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here