Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
emhorsechic

how to tell if a stray cat is pregnant or had kittens

emhorsechic
11 years ago

Hello. I live on a small farm with a few barns. We have a few cats that live there, all fixed except one male who is feral, althought we have some unfixed cats from neighboring farms who come and vistit often. We found a new stray that is extremely friendly, who has been living here for a few months. It is a female, probably about 3-5 years old. I know nothing about her except that she is an affectionate female tortiseshell. I'm not sure if she's pregnant or has had kittens. She got fat, and has continued to get fatter. Her stomach is almost hard, and not flabby or distended. She was up in one of the barns by the hay for a few weeks, and I found some indentations, a larger one, and 3 or 4 smaller indentations. Then, she started hanging up by the deck by the house. I'm not sure if she had the kittens and they died, or she moved them, or if she's even pregnant at all. What signs should I look for if she is pregnant? Or any behavior changes/patterns if she's pregnant or had the kittens? Thanks

Comments (2)