Return to the Pets Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Flea prevention

Posted by cleanfreak_2010 (My Page) on
Sat, Apr 19, 14 at 22:12

Since flea season is back in full swing where I live in the Southeast US, I wanted to make others aware of a nontoxic flea control product that I've been using with great success for almost 2 years. It is called Flea Treats and works by making your dog or cat's skin smell unattractive to fleas and ticks. My finicky cats refuse to eat them, but my dogs eat them readily. Because my dogs are no longer bringing fleas into the house, the (indoor) cats no longer have fleas either.

It took about a month and a couple of tweaks to the suggested dosage, but it's been 100 percent effective at repelling both fleas and ticks in my two dogs. I love that I no longer have to use toxic chemicals on them. I hope others will find this helpful.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Flea prevention

Thanks for sharing this, cleanfreak. Always looking for a safe way to protect the dog and us people from fleas. You would probably need to use something for heartworms and ticks if you have those. The reviews on Amazon are mixed.

o
RE: Flea prevention

What are the ingredients? "Natural" doesn't always mean "safe." Garlic and brewers yeast have both been touted as "natural" flea remedies and neither is safe for dogs, particularly the garlic.

My experience is the opposite of yours: my dogs never get fleas unless there's a cat in the household--but I don't leave my dogs outside in the yard for hours lying in the dirt or grass as some do.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pets Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here