Return to the Pets Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I have to share this

Posted by dockside (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 19, 10 at 18:06

We have a sweet cat, Heather, who is almost 14 years old. A week ago, my very stressed-out DH (who is in a lot of pain and needs to have hip replacement and got good/bad news that day from the doctor) and I were having a "heated discussion". DH's method in such discussions is to raise his voice (a lot) and talk constantly so I can't get a word in edgewise.

Anyway, I was sitting on the loveseat and Heather was laying by my side. When the discussion got rather heated, she got down off the loveseat, walked across the living room, jumped up on an end table next to the room divider on which DH was leaning while - shall I say it? - yelling. She put her front paws up on the divider and raised her right paw up and put it on DH's mouth. It couldn't have been clearer that she was telling him to "hush" (polite word used here).

I cracked up and, of course, that was the end of the "heated" discussion as DH couldn't keep it up without laughing also.

I wish I'd had a movie camera nearby. It would be on YouTube now.

I am totally in awe of Heather's ability to communicate without saying a word.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I have to share this

Wonderful story, thanks for sharing.

o

Aaaaw!!!! That's so cute! Hugs to Heather for 'keepin the peace!'!

o

how funny, i can almost picture it!

fyi, i've had both hips replaced. they're 10 years old this year and still goin' a hundred! good luck to hubby if he has surgery!!

o

Very funny! Smart kitty! She hates that yelling.

o

That is so cute and smart! I have a cat that likes to sneak into the garage and my other cat alerts me when this happens. Makes me follow her to the garage door. I think cats understand more than we give them credit for, they just are not as expressive as dogs.

o

Glad your DH found it funny as he should have. Sounds like a good guy at heart.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pets Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here