Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kitasmommie

A Happy Ending

kitasmommie
13 years ago

This past Wednesday, a man stopped - while we were out in the front yard - to ask if we had seen his two dogs that had escaped. No - we didn't.

About 15 minutes after he left, they were in our front yard. My husband & a neighbor searched the neighbohood for this man - but couldn't find him.

We put the dogs in our fenced back yard & I started making phone calls. Called the shelter & the local vet. Posted on Craig's list, posted on PET911 and called the phone number on the tag for the micro chip service - only one dog had a tag - (they were very rude - told me they couldn't help me as the number wasn't registered). Then I took pictures & starting putting up signs.

Wednesday turned into Thursday, the into Friday......nothing.

We had a couple of doghouses in the back yard that are no longer used. Cleaned them up - put in bedding (which the dogs hauled out & shredded all over the back yard). replaced that with some pine bedding, but they stayed out in the rain.

I was very concerned......what if we don't find the owners? We can't keep them - already have two dogs and I refuse to the surrender them to the shelter.....

Finally, Saturday morning, the owners contacted the shelter & they were able to hook up with us & th kids got to go home.

I was so glad...so were the owners. They were pleased that someone like us took them in - fed them, took care of them, played with them. He tried to give us a reward, but we declined.

My reward was seeing them go home with Mom & Dad.

Next time someone is looking for their dog - I will definitely get a phone number.

Also made me realize how important it is to make sure my dogs tags are in place......both need to be replaced.

Comments (5)