Return to the Pets Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help! My goldfish!

Posted by darwinthefish (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 25, 12 at 14:56

I have 4 celestial eyed goldfish, one is 8 years old. Everything was fine but then two days ago they started sitting at the bottom of their tank (55 gallon) and they seem to be breathing very laboriously. He has 3 room mates, two much much smaller celestial eyed goldfish and one medium sized celestial eyed goldfish. This morning one of the smaller celestial eyed goldfish was dead. The other small fish and the medium fish were lazy but I did a semi-water change and they seem much much more active. However, Darwin is still not moving around! I have a significant amount of air, a large filtration system, I've done water changes... Help me please!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help! My goldfish!

There are many freshwater forums on the web and I think you may get more advice from one of them. Check out the one I linked below. They seem to be pretty active.

Before registering and posting, have results of recent water tests so you can give them as much info as possible.

Here is a link that might be useful: Aquarium forum

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pets Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here