Return to the Pets Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
4 month old puppy.

Posted by stacey46 (My Page) on
Thu, Apr 29, 10 at 12:36

I got Bo at a shelter, I was leaving and a gentleman was bringing him in. Lucky Bo never made it inside the shelter. Anyway, I'm trying to figure out what my little guy is going to grow up to be. My vet isn't sure at first look she thought he was going to be big, then she looked at this teeth and said maybe not he's already for months old. She thinks maybe beagle and hound mix. She asked me if I had heard him bark. All I had heard is what I call a inside bark. She said when he barks you might be able to hear the hound part of him. I've now heard him bark but, no howl or baying. Someone also said maybe bullmastiff and rottweiler mix. I think he's too small at 4 months. I don't really care what he is, he's a sweetheart no matter what. I am curious though. Any help you might be able to give me would be greatly appreciated.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 4 month old puppy.

I have no idea - I just wanted to say cute!!!!

o

Great Swiss Mountain Dog? I agree, a real cutie!!

o

May need another couple months, but beagle is there. Looks like to me there is a bigger dog also, Lab maybe. That is from the sitting picture and his legs/paws and the torso.

Cute fella! Coincidence can be wonderful!

o

Cute and lucky little guy!

o

OMGosh, but he's CUTE! I hope you come back on occasionally and show us more pics as he grows. I'd love to find out what he ends up looking like.

o

He is adorable! So glad you saved him.

o
RE: 4 month old puppy.1

My Beagle/Jack Russel mix sits like that and he is only 21 pounds.

o

I agree with murray. He's got Swiss Mountain written all over him. May be something else there, but the markings are spot on!

Here is a link that might be useful: SMD

o

Thank you everyone for the replies. I looked at the swiss mountain dog pictures and there is a resemblance. He just seems so small for a four month old. He weighs 16lbs. I'll keep you updated. Thanks again.

o

I think we have to wait a bit and see more pictures as he grows up. My Bull mastiff husky mix was only 10 pounds at 3 months old, He is 89 pounds now.....

o

My guess is beagle (white and tan, floppy ears) with maybe some rotweiler or lab (the black smooth coat). If he is small then he can't be a mountain dog: the puppies are the size of a full grown cocker spaniel at 10 weeks!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pets Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here