Return to the Pets Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Have You Used a Thundershirt for Dogs?

Posted by marciasc (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 19, 11 at 10:51

My daughter's border collie is terrified of thunderstorms. I just saw an ad in the Family Circle for a stretchy cotton jacket that exerts a gentle pressure that supposedly calms canines who are anxious.

The person that wrote this short article said using it on her Lab was a huge success.

Has anyone here used one or do you know someone that has? Good or bad results?

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Have You Used a Thundershirt for Dogs?

I bought one .. paid extra for a blue one with a stripe, got a plain grey one. Asked them to refund the extra money, which they did. But that didn't impress me ...

And it didn't seem to have any effect on my dog ... I recently passed it on to a friend with a border collie too .. not sure she's even taken it home yet.

I figured for less than $40, it was worth a try.

o

Thanks so much for your answer. I sent it to my daughter. She could sure use something that works today as she is having bad storms with the possibility of tornadoes.

o

Go get yourself a nice big bottle of Rescue Remedy, it wont take all of the anxiety away but it will help lessen it and the best things is you can take it too, to help your anxiety in dealing with your dogs anxiety :-)
Good Luck

o

What are the ingredients in Rescue Remedy?

o

Alcohol and natural flower based ingredients -check out the BACH flower remedy website for more information

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pets Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here