Return to the Pets Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Peeing Only at Night

Posted by Ollies1Mom (My Page) on
Sat, Apr 20, 13 at 9:57

My 8 yr. old Papillion over the last several months has been peeing during the night and no longer waits until we wake up about 6am. This happens anywhere from 4 - 7 nights a week. He is fine during the day. We pick up his water between 6 - 7:30pm every night, and we take him out to pee around 9:30 every night. Doing this does not seem to help.
It has been easy to clean up every morning as we have linoleum floors, but we are going to be gone for 6 months and where we are going has carpet and I don’t want Ollie to ruin the carpets. He seems totally healthy in every other way.
I’m thinking he’s just lazy and I need to put diapers on him. Any other suggestions?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Peeing Only at Night

Take him into the vet to see if there is a physical issues that needs to be addressed

o
RE: Peeing Only at Night

I have a similar situation. I don't sleep well and so usually get up and take the dog out in the middle of the night, but not everyone would want to do that.

Doing an internet search I found the belly band. Might be worth a try. They are not too expensive. I haven't tried them but would be willing to do it if it becomes necessary.

http://www.bellybands.net/

Here is a link that might be useful: Belly Bands

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pets Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here