Return to the Pets Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Best Vacuum Cleaner for Litter (and best air filter too)

Posted by slc2053 (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 28, 10 at 8:35

I have multiple cats and one general area where I keep litter boxes. Cats track litter, no matter what, and I typically just use a vacuum cleaner to sweep up litter from rubber mat and carpet remnants that I have down to catch the litter from the boxes. However, the sweepers get so clogged with litter dust..the filters are caked with it...anyone have a better solution for cleaning up litter.

Also, how do you control the dust other than using a good litter that is low on dust production? I'm also in the market for a good air filter..or one I can actually build into the wall to leave on all day (and have it out of the way) in the litter box area.

Thanks in advance!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Best Vacuum Cleaner for Litter (and best air filter too)

Take the mats outside and clean empty them into the garbage, then sweep that way the biggest pieces go straight into the garbage not to the sweeper. As far as dust, you can buy dust free liter, as far as the filter - contact your local contractor, they can tell you what is available and how much it would cost to put it in. Good luck

o

Check out the air filters listed below. I have the Hunter 30245 in my bird room and find it runs quieter than the lower end models.

Prices vary so do some research. I think I purchased mine at HD (or Lowes?) for less.

Here is a link that might be useful: Air filter

o

I use a Bissell rechargeable sweeper for quick clean ups of litter and cat hair. The thing is not a deep cleaner, but it picks up litter and surface hair really well. Good for stopping the spread of litter into the rest of the house and for quick cleanups of spilled cereal, etc. in the kitchen. I have had mine for about 4 years and it still charges good and works fine. Easy to empty the dirt holder, too. Amazon has it, as well as Target and HD.

Here is a link that might be useful: Bissell Sweeper

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pets Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here