Return to the Pets Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Top ten tips to chuckling chicks

Posted by johnmac09 (My Page) on
Sat, Apr 23, 11 at 3:35

Hi... I've had my flock of chickens for three years and they really are entertaining. About the best and easiest to keep pets you can.

I've knocked up a light hearted guide to buying and keeping chickens and tackling common problems, including photos. If you keep chickens and think I've missed anything please let me know. You can read the guide at the link below.

Thanks, John

Here is a link that might be useful: An English Allotment Garden: Top ten tips to chuckling chicks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Top ten tips to chuckling chicks

Very cute John! I could tell you were English right off! LOL
@"It just fell out me bum"!

o

I read the whole thing and found it very interesting. It was a dream of mine to have about three chicken as pets. I eat eggs every day and love animals. But I have two dogs, one a Dachshund and am not sure how this would work. Your coop was very impressive.

o

Ohmygosh.........that was entertaining. I keep a flock on my smallholding. I'm down to about twenty now from the hundred I used to run. My friends sometimes call me Mrs. Tweedy from the cartoon movie "Chicken Run". Don't know what I'd do if the roosters didn't wake me up in the morning. One can almost set their clocks by it. My birds do moult in winter, poor things. But I have firmly promised myself I won't knit them hoodies.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pets Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here