Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mrcurious_gw

stray cat pooping under my bed

MRcurious
12 years ago

I have this problem regarding a stray cat that keeps on pooping under my bed. This started 3 weeks ago after I came from an out-of-town tour.

I've tried cleaning it with detergent and bleach and spayed it with air freshener and disinfectant but still this cat keeps on pooping under my bed. I don't know where this cat is passing through. It just keeps on annoying me and it's triggering my rhinitis. I was thinking if what if I'll just poison it? but before I resorted to this solution, Can anyone out there please help me on this situation?

Comments (12)

• Ninapearl
    12 years ago

get rid of your bed. viola! no more cat poop under it.

• trancegemini_wa
    12 years ago

"I don't know where this cat is passing through."

I don't get it, do you live in an alley? how is this stray cat getting under your bed????

• Bumblebeez SC Zone 7
    12 years ago

This is hilarious!

• annzgw
    12 years ago

MR lives in the Philippines so I assume his home is open to the outdoors, as are a lot of homes in Hawaii.

Your rhinitis is probably reacting to the disinfectant and bleach more than to the cat coming being there. Are you allergic to cats?
    If it's available, buy an enzyme product made for removing cat poop/pee odors....usually found at pet stores. Bleach, etc. has little effect on such odors if you're dealing with a carpet type flooring.

Try feeding the stray and make it your friend instead of killing it.

• petaloid
    12 years ago

Hey, first-day-registered poster -- you just came here to cause trouble, am I right?

If not, try closing the doors and windows, okay?

• lisa11310
    12 years ago

He's curious alright.

• MRcurious
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks Annz, I'll follow your advice and hopefully this will work.

To lisa11310 thanks too for understanding.

To ninapearl and petaloid, I understand why you derived with such advise, just stick with you birdsand roses if you don't have anything good to say.

To Bumblebeez, good to know that my story entertained you.

• bentleysuprr
    12 years ago

Make sure all windows are closed and doors and shut tightly. You can spray something very pungent to cats under your bed to keep it from coming under there. They will not like the smell

• MRcurious
    Original Author
    12 years ago

To bentleysuprr and Annz, thank you for your advise. my problem is now solved.

• lisa11310
    12 years ago

I'm glad your problem is solved but also hope that the cat is ok!!!!! And really CURIOUS if you wouldn't mind explaining how this happened......because in all honesty it does sound a bit far fetched, however we do understand housing is different around the world.

• MRcurious
    Original Author
    11 years ago

hi lisa11310, i just followed the advise of Annz. we also made a thorough inspection of the house and found out that there is a gap between the roof and our ceiling where the cat is passing through, so we sealed it. I happened to see that the cat belongs to our neighbor's so i told her how her cat is misbehaving... honestly i don't know what she did with the cat maybe she caged her.. or just kept it inside her house.

I just want to thank you guys for all the advise.

• petaloid
    11 years ago

I'm glad you figured it out.