Return to the Pets Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
kitty bathroom closet - how to throughly clean?

Posted by poorowner (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 4, 10 at 1:52

I have a small 2'x2' closet with a door, I put a cat door and dedicated to host the litter box for a few years now.
I recently changed my mind about the whole thing because how much space I am wasting, and decided to build another box, (e.g I want to reclaim the space for storing human stuff!) However, the inside smells aweful and very dusty.

I plan to seal the floor, drywall and everything with primer again. after through cleaning first. The floor is plywood subfloor and I am not sure any waste was soaked in there, it just smells bad.

Would just bleach and nature's miracle get everything sanitized again? Also have a steam cleaner ready at my disposal.

I know it sounds quite bad.. any cleaning tips or primer/sealer recommendation is appreciated.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: kitty bathroom closet - how to throughly clean?

After cleaning it well, you might consider painting ALL surfaces with BIN (or KILZ) sealer shellac (primer?). We painted BIN on all the musty studs and beams in our downstairs to lock-in/out the musty smell.

Good luck!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pets Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here