Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
annzgw

Request for gibby3000....and other multi cat caretakers

annzgw
10 years ago

gibby,
I've followed your saga :) with your new kitty and wonder if you could share what steps you took in introducing her to your other cats? If there's another thread that discusses it please let me know and I'll try to find it by searching.
I ask because later this summer I may be taking in my DM's cat and I'm curious as to how you went about the introduction itself. DM's cat is declawed and has a personality similar to my cat (a manx)......indoor only, relaxed, no litter issues, rarely meows except when hungry, and doesn't ask for a lot of attention. All in all, perfect cats on their own.
My cat is 4 yrs old and the other, also a female, is 5+ yrs. DM has had the cat less than a year but DM's health and age (95) are beginning to make it difficult for her to care for the cat.

I've been reading all I can about introducing cats and downloaded a good book titled Cat vs Cat last night, but the info doesn't sound very encouraging. Hopefully the authors are giving the worst case scenarios so that owners follow the introduction steps carefully.
It would be very helpful for me to hear from those that have introduced adult cats to their household and what the outcome was.

Thanks for any advice!

This post was edited by annz on Tue, Mar 25, 14 at 12:31

Comments (2)