Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
krycek1984

Cats peeing

krycek1984
12 years ago

So...one of (or all of) my cats are peeing in the house. I introduced a new cat to my two current cats in October. They had some troubles at first but they have been OK for the past few months (other than some scuffles, and new kitty doesn't always care for one of the original kitties).

Everything seemed to be going fine until Friday when I realized the cats had sprayed the side of the couch (I used the UV light). I went right away to the store to get Urine Off or Urine Destroyer (can't remember which one) and sprayed the couch and it seems to have done the job.

But since Saturday, I've been finding urine spots. There have been two urine spots on the floor in the kitchen, they peed on a pile of clothes, peed one a blanket on the floor, peed on a pair of pants I had on the floor, and I found two puddles in various spots.

I am not sure what to think. Does this sound behavioral/territorial or health related? I am going to get them checked out at the vet on Friday or Saturday, but my gut tells me that this is a behavioral/territorial issue. Has this happened to any of you?

Is there any way to figure out who is doing the peeing? Can they give me some dye or something? I can't stand this any more and it's only been a week!