Return to the Pets Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Vomiting/CRF/Cancer

Posted by bbaird (My Page) on
Sat, Mar 6, 10 at 21:15

Hi.

My cat has CRF and cancer (probably pancreatic) that has, now, spread.

She's throwing up nearly every day, now. I believe it's when she uses the litter box. She had been doing this when I first realized that something was wrong in September. She was straining so much when she tried to defecate. The vet put her on IV for 4 days and, since, I've been giving her fluids.

Has anyone else dealt with this?

I was told to give her Pepcid AC.

Thanks.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

These are pictures of her before she got sick and soooooo skinny.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Vomiting/CRF/Cancer

I'm so sorry that your girl is struggling with these diseases. Constipation is a common symptom of CRF, and there are a number of effective remedies. For my CRF boy's chronic constipation, I give him a heaping 1/8 tsp of Miralax twice a day mixed with 2 ml of water and administered via oral syringe. It can also be easily mixed into a little canned food if your girl is eating reliably. It's tasteless, so they don't object to it at all.

The link below will provide you with other constipation treatment options.

Here is a link that might be useful: feline constipation remedies

o

We went through something similar at the end of our 16 year old cat's life. She didn't have CRF, but likely had some sort of cancer in her stomach, intestines or other organ in her abdomen (she passed away the morning after exploratory surgery, so we cancelled the biopsies). She also would vomit while using the litterbox, or just after.

I just wanted to say that I am sorry you are going through this with your girl. It is never easy.

o

Thank you.

o

I just want to add that I'm sorry that your cat, Laurie, has to go through this.

And, cat_mom, I'm sorry that your cat had such a rough time at the end.

o

Thank you bbaird.

o

bbaird, Billy is actually my third CRF cat, so I've been around the block and back with this disease. Billy is also hyperT and hyperPTH. Oh, and he had one of his ear pinna amputated due to skin cancer several years ago. He's 20+ yrs old and was diagnosed hyperT and CRF in 10/07. He was stable for quite a long time, but now I'm afraid he's slipping down that slippery slope that I don't think I'll be able to pull him back from. For now he's still doing OK, but I know how this slope accelerates the speed of decline. I hate this final stretch, and I hope you won't have to experience it with your girl for a while yet.

Laurie

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pets Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here