Return to the Pets Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pom sky

Posted by Sami56 (My Page) on
Thu, Mar 14, 13 at 21:09

I spend some time with a friend's puppy, a Pomsky & now really want one. However I have always had rescues, currently two, and have moral objections to puppy mills. I do know personally a woman who responsibily breeds yellow labs, so I know there are good, honest breeders out there. But how do you find one? Is there an organization I can contact? I volunteer at a local shelter, so I know there are wonderful dogs waiting for loving homes, but this once I want a specific kind of dog. Any suggestions?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pom sky

Since a pom sky is just a cute name for a cross between a husky and a Pomeranian, there's no such thing as a good breeder for them. They are basically just producing puppies for sale because people find them cute and they're a fad. They have no idea how the puppies will even look because they could have different characteristics from each parent. You could buy one and it may not look at all like your friend's dog.A responsible breeder is trying to adhere to a set standard, which doesn't exist for mixed breeds.

That said, you may be able to find one in a shelter since they seem to be popular now.

o
RE: Pom sky

Yes I did my research & know they are a " designer" dog and not a true breed. Although most breeds started out by someone somewhere breeding two different dogs for their characteristics. My point is that there are some good breeders out there, but how do I find a trustworthy one. Deb you are right, sadly when the fad fades, they will turn up in shelters, just like other fad digs. Thaks for taking the time to respond!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pets Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here