Return to the Pets Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need dog treat recipe - Pizzles

Posted by hald (My Page) on
Fri, Mar 22, 13 at 20:58

My baby beagle, and my 3 terriers love chew treats I've been buying at Target. They are called Pizzles. A package of 6 is $5, so they are very expensive. The package doesn't really say what the ingredients are. The pizzles look sort of like deep fried dried tendons, or something similar. They are the only treat my spoiled terriers will eat. And baby Mona actually chews them till they are finished and gone.

Does anyone have a recipe so I can try making them at home?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need dog treat recipe - Pizzles

My dog LOVES those bully sticks...aka pizzles. They are the male part of the bovine...you can google the word pizzle for the "ingredient" of your dogs favorite treat...LMAO!

Here is a link that might be useful: pizzle definition

o

I know...I found lots of things about pizzles....the only recipe I found was basically the same as how to make beef jerky. Seems too easy. Anyone know if they should be seasoned with anything?

o

Making them yourself? I have no idea where a person would get raw bull thingies? You could just make your own jerky out of a meat that is ok for the dog to eat. I would say that you would want to use no seasonings. That would be the most healthy.

o

I have baked liver bits, dried them out and my dog loved them. Same with chicken slices.

o

I like the Bil-Jacs liver training treats at Petco. The regular size is a bit over half an inch, the Little Jacs size is about 1/3 of an inch. They cost about three to four dollars per bag. I've only seen two dogs that did not like them.

I have no connection to Bil-Jac or Petco. The grocery stores near me do not carry them.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pets Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here