Return to the Pets Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My cat has diarrhea

Posted by beagle_nc (My Page) on
Fri, Mar 8, 13 at 17:42

He started out with the first part of the BM normal, then a soft, mushy lighter color to finish. Took him to the vet, even had a senior panel done, and all the test came back normal. THe vet gave us Forti-Flora, metronidazole and said to give him a tsp. of metamucil on his food.
There was no improvement, so now his on Hill's Z/D and prednisoLone. I know I have to give this stuff time to work, but what was once like a "cow Pie" is now just really mushy with a little bit of liquid and a much darker color. I don't think it's bloody, more the color of the food. I stopped the metamucil. should I continue to give it to him. He's 12 and 1/2 and acts normal except for his poops. And how long do I give the meds. and food to work? All the other cats are fine and are being fed Nutro Max Senior.
Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My cat has diarrhea

I'd try canned pumpkin.

Don't get the pie filling;
read the label, & get the one that says "ingredients...pumpkin".

It's wonderful.

As far as meds, I don't know;
you might ask the vet.

I wish you & your kitty the very best.

o

I'd try canned pumpkin.

Don't get the pie filling;
read the label, & get the one that says "ingredients...pumpkin".

It's wonderful.

As far as meds, I don't know;
you might ask the vet.

I wish you & your kitty the very best.

o

Thanks Sylviatexas, got the pumpkin yesterday and will give it a try.

o

My friend's cat had this issue. They tried everything, to no avail. A vet suggested switching the cat to a "raw" diet and his bms are now normal. I hope you figure things out!

o

Thank you junebug. I have 4 cats and a beagle and I really, really don't want to go the raw diet route. With the pumpkin and meds, today he had a basically normal stool. YAY!! I'm hoping I can get him back on the Nutro Max Senior. 26$ for four pounds is steep. Also not one of them has vomited once on Max Senior and he was shedding much less on it. And a big thank you to sylviatexas for suggesting the pumpkin!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pets Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here