Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
newhomeseeker

Happy story

newhomeseeker
14 years ago

Since I've posted some bad news on here recently I wanted to post something great that happened at the shelter I volunteer at.

About a month ago I started writing little stories or descriptions of the adoptable cats at the shelter for their web site. I wrote them from each cat's point of view and tried to include everything I knew about their personality, likes etc. Tried to make them cute and some to tug on the heartstrings of those who read them. I know I'm a sucker for a dog pound or animal shelter's listing that read that way and I figure other animal lovers are too. Plus it makes the cats stand out.

Anyhow, there's a cat at the shelter that has been there longer than any other cat currently there. She's been there since 2007. She's very ordinary looking- a brown tabby- we have about 40 of those right now. Now, nine out of 10 cats at that shelter willl run up to you or at least look interested when someone enters the room. This girl was the tenth cat. In all the months I've been there I have seen her twice. Once she walked up to me and wanted to be loved on. Very sweet cat, just a little shy and doesnt' fight the pack for attention. She and I share the same name or I probably would have adopted her. The reason she probably never got adopted is there are so many other cats to choose from that are friendlier and will come up to you, sit on your lap etc.

So I posted a story under her picture on the website about how she didn't understand why no one wants her etc. and not even two weeks after I posted this someone saw her on the web site, came in to see her and adopted her! Now I can't take credit for her adoption because all I did was write a few words, the wonderful soul that picked her out deserves the credit. But it just feels good that that beautiful little kitty (she was only 3 years old) finally found a home! Just wanted to share that happy tale.

Comments (5)