Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
debbiep_gw

Tips for finding homes for Sweet pea and the gang

debbiep_gw
14 years ago

Well that time is coming up.They are 6 weeks now and I do plan to keep them a couple more weeks but I do need to be lining up homes and I need ten homes.I wish some of you GW pet forum people lived close to me.I would not have to worry then.I put them on freecycle this week and got no takers,most likely because of all my stipulations which I don't think are unreasonable.My thoughts are if I get any takers and I don't feel they are sincere in what they tell me how do I decline without appearing rude?Especially if its in person.I will have no problem declining through e-mail,phone,etc.Also if someone in my neighborhood wants one there would be very few here I'd be comfortable giving one to.Tips for finding homes anyone?On a up note they are all doing well,growing like weeds and being puppies,they are into everything.They get their first shots this week and rewormed the next week.I'll get more pics on here soon..Debbie

Comments (9)

• kittens
    14 years ago

Have you tried your local Craigslist? One idea would be to offer a refundable adoption fee so you know they've made it to the vet. You could ask for $50 -$100 per puppy as a deposit and agree to give it back to the adopter once you've seen the puppy was altered.

• debbiep_gw
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I don't think here in my area anyone would go for a refundable deposit.Remember this is the heinz 57 family and the papers are full of puppies like them..

• debbiep_gw
    Original Author
    14 years ago

After thinking about it I could use the refundable idea on those that I might not want to have a puppy.If its high enough most likely they would back out.Thanks! Debbie

• calliope
    14 years ago

If you have no problem declining on the phone, then ask the questions you want to ask first, before letting anyone come look at your pups. I really feel for your situation. They're adorable dogs and if I lived closer, I'd consider it. My DD is in the same situation. She took in a homeless beagle who was pregnant that was lost, and a workmate had rescued it.....nobody claimed it.....and the workmate couldn't keep it. Now she has five pups and she is like you. She won't let them go to unsuitable homes, either.

• murraysmom Zone 6a OH
    14 years ago

What about working through your vet? Are you allowed to post something in their office? You'd figure if someone saw your ad in a vet's office, at least they would get veterinary care.

• Nancy in Mich
    14 years ago

Around here, our local dog rescues will post your pups in their Petfinder lists, and let you bring them to their adoption events - as long as you will keep the pups and not expect the rescue to find foster homes. If you go to Petfinder and click on "animal shelters" at the top, then enter your zip code, you will get a list sorted by distance. You may appreciate any help they offer for choosing appropriate homes.

• annzgw
    14 years ago

Try the vet and definitely do as nancy suggested. Puppies usually go fast thru petfinder.com.

• sylviatexas1
    14 years ago

Our small town newspaper posts "free puppy" ads free, & the local radio station has a "flea market" where you broadcast on air if you have pups or if you have something to sell or trade.

I do think Petfinder & flyers at your vets' offices are probably the best.

• olyagrove
    14 years ago

Debbie, the rescue I am working with might and is willing to help. Could you please email me - I sent you an e mail today but not sure if you got it

olyagrove at
    gmail dot com

Thank you

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH