Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ladybugfruit

Suggestions for an easily stressed dog

ladybugfruit
14 years ago

So we have our house on the market and so far, we've been able to just work with the showing schedule and take the dogs( indoor dogs) to the park when there is a showing. However, tomorrow ( big day for showing) we have a showing that we will both be at work and are having the neighbor come and put the dogs in the backyard for the hour and then bring them back in when the people have left.

NOW, my sharpei gets stressed now when she is left outside any longer than she wants to be( when we are home and out of sight) and I have concerns about leaving her while we are both gone ( the ridgeback is fine and will prob just bask in the sun the whole time). I don't really have any other options that I can see ( the showing is a reschedule from earlier this week when we had to turn them away).

Here is my plan...go extra long on walk in the morning before work, hoping to get some extra energy out and then I thought I would get a couple of kongs for the dogs to work on as well. Now, I am going to trial run this today, but the thing is, she generally wont eat when stressed, so not even sure if the kong will distract.

Any other suggestions? Taking her to work is not an option either unfortunately. Thanks!!!

LBF

Comments (4)