Return to the Pets Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Feliway

Posted by elly_nj (My Page) on
Sat, Mar 2, 13 at 9:04

Can anyone tell me their experiences with tis product?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Feliway

I used it some years ago for a cat that was peeing on furniture, etc. She was a very stressed out cat. It didn't help our situation unfortunately. We had to resort to Valium.

o

I used it years ago when my cat was having severe medical issues and we needed her to stay calm. I didn't notice any difference with it and feel it was a waste of money for me.

o

I am answering my own question.

I've had the diffuser plugged in for a week, and my cat is no longer reactive and "twitchy." She is seeking and receiving attention. (Before this she sought attention by screeched and jumped away after a few strokes.)

She was not a happy cat, because she wanted attention but smacked it away. So I had to basically leave her alone. And I didn't like her. I could't love her. Now she is calmer, sweeter and attentive. I hope I can start loving her again.

o

Good, glad it's helping your cat. I used the spray, not the diffuser, maybe having it constantly in the air helps?

I read once that with difficult cats, it's better to leave them wanting more affection when you stop, ie, pet a couple times, if cat is enjoying it, a couple more then stop while the cat is still happy with the attention. Not sure if that's any help, but either way, I hope you get to enjoy your cat more now.

o

Thanks, Jomuir, but it's difficult to like a cat that is so switchable. I've done what you say, but sometimes she will come to me, lay on me, and I will absent-mindedly stroke her. And she shrieks and jumps when she's had enough.

Basically I just don't like her. If this makes her likeable, that'll be good.

o

I tried Feliway (the collar, spray, and diffuser) when I got married and my cat didn't like his cats. It didn't help my cat at all (she is the agressor), but it did help our littlest one be less skittish. We especially noticed when we had a bunch of family over and she was in the midst of everyone letting people pet her. We had had her for almost 4 years, and my brother in law said he had never seen more than her backside as she ran away before that.

Summary: I think it probably helps minor anxiety issues, but I don't think it's effective for behavior problems.

o

It helped my miserably nasty cat.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pets Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here