Return to the Pets Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Roosters

Posted by SolusUmbra (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 10, 14 at 7:49

So we just moved to a new place, a small trailer and our landlord lives right next door. He has some roosters that he just lets run around and they are always coming over to our trailer (would not be a smart idea to plant a garden). But this isn't what gets me the most, its that the rooster never shuts up! All day and morning long. Can anyone think of a way I can cover up or drown out the noise?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Roosters

I'm not knowledgeable about roosters, but you might post over on the farm forum, link below.

Maybe in time you won't notice it any more.

Here is a link that might be useful: farm forum

o

Are you on ok terms with the owner of the rooster? If you are go and discuss it with them.

o

LOL..............one does not have control over when roosters crow. It's just being a rooster. I have had flocks of fowl for decades and love to hear them getting vocal. Mostly it's the hens who do the noisemaking during the day, usually after they get done egging. The roos mostly before dawn, and for territorial reasons if there are competing roos in the same flock. My first question is do you know a rooster from a hen? I'm not trying to be rude. I live in the country, and through the years some of the long-time property owners have rented their houses out to city folk who inevitably complain about the chicken noises, the mule brays, the smell of manure on the fields, woodsmoke. It's part of what country life is about. It literally comes with the territory.

o

Yes I do know a rooster from a hen, and territory problems could be it, I know of 4 roosters around this area. We just had 2 of them fighting in our yard the other morning. Every time one starts making noise they all follow. I have lived in the country most of my life and it is only the roosters I have a problem with but it doesn't help that I am a really light sleeper. Anything can get on your nerves when you don't get enough sleep.

o

You need a good pair of ear plugs. My DS swears by the ones made of wax or silicone.

o

A neighbor had a rooster at my last home and there was a stray in this neighborhood after we moved in. A neighbor adopted it and it never bother anyone, it was kind of fun.....but I would hate to have one next door that crowed all day. Also I would not ever live next door to my landlord....ever!!!

o

solusumbra...........sounds like someobody needs to make noodles with the superfluous roo ;-)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pets Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here