Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
toomuchglass

Rottie turned Evil ,had to be put down

toomuchglass
13 years ago

My friend rescued a 4 year old rottie that was beaten and abused . He was 30 pounds underweight and had some medicsl issues . After a week of love - that dog was the biggest teddy bear I've ever seen. He was so smart and so funny and gentle with other dogs and other animals .He was HUGE - and kept trying to be a lap dog. "Slobber" was his middle name. LOL After a year and a half ,Mary started noticing a change in his eyes.She couln't explain it - it was just a different soul staring out at her. Within a week --his behavior just took a sudden turn . He started attacking his best friend - the cat. Then he started bolting at people walking by ( got his body almost all the way through the screen door ,too )The final act was biting the mailman. Mary & DH had to have him put down . He was only 6 and a half years old. What could explain the change in this gentle soul ? Maybe a brain tumor ? Pain? I'm devistated to hear that - he was my best pal . Do you know of this happening to anyone else ?

Comments (7)