Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bumblebeezgw

Boston Terrier Update

The Boston Terrier I found on the street is doing well.

Last week after having her for about 3 weeks, I turned her over to an official foster mother, several hours away. Adoption papers have already been filled out by a family but I haven't heard an update. The rescue society had already scheduled an appointment for her to be spayed, vaccinated and micro chipped.

It was a hectic, trying couple weeks. But I loved her!

Mainly, I spent two weeks getting her to have solid stools, which was achieved right before the transfer, but the big thing that nearly traumatized me, was an eye problem.

The last weekend, her eye started looking bad. I really thought an insect had bit her after laying out in the grass for awhile. My two dogs have never had eye problems other than conjunctivitis.

After a few days, I took her to the vet- the day I was to do the transfer later in the day.

He said she needed surgery asap, she would lose the eye, it would rupture, she had a corneal ulcer, etc. I was in shock!

I left with four different eye meds.

I called my rescue contact (the main woman, not the foster mother) and after lots of back and forth on the phone, arrangements were made for the Boston to have surgery that afternoon. She had the surgery with a doggie ophthalmologist and is fine as of last I heard.

Having never worked with a rescue society before, I was really impressed with their thoroughness, officialness and willingness to fund the surgeries and everything else.

I did meet the foster mother (at the transfer) who was top notch.

Comments (8)