Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
checkher

Comparison food to Hill's prescription wet food

checkher
10 years ago

Hi,I am looking for comparison food to Hill's k/d renal health wet food for dogs by my Vet.They had this product there so I bought some $3.23 per can. I live in Windsor,Ont.Canada. Is there a site that specializes with help for me and answers.If you can answer this or point me in the proper direction,I would be very grateful.
Sincerely,Kim

Comments (2)

• Nancy in Mich
    10 years ago

Kim, if anyone around here has one, it will be K9, an independent pet food retail shop on Mound Rd. north of 13 Mile in Warren, north of Detroit. They open at 8 am. If they are busy, they do not answer the phone, so try them early if you can. (586) 939-5960 Maybe they can even get the Hills.

Here is a link to their review in Yelp, which will tell you a lot more about them. Send me an email if I can help.

Here is a link that might be useful: Yelp

• eccentric
    10 years ago

I am a bit confused (I live in Toronto by the way). Are you looking for a cheaper source than the Hill's k/d that you have to buy from your vet? Are you looking for info on the food (Hill's website will provide you with a number of answers). Or are you looking for an alternative? Hill's is prescription - Science Diet sold in Canada at PetSmart etc. is not prescription. BUT I believe in the U.S. that some Hill's prescription food is sold under the Science Diet name (I could be wrong but I have been told this) - but said SD food is sold only by a vet. However, vet prices and dog food in general tend to be a lot lower in the U.S. so I would be looking at that aspect since you live so close to the border. We just paid $1,500 for a dental for our dog - I know in the U.S. it would have cost about $600. We normally feed our dog Fromm Four Star kibble and it is not cheap in Toronto. The canned varieties are $4.15 each plus our lovely taxes. Our dog has to eat canned food until Feb. 15 when he goes in for a recheck - life is not pretty since he is a serious and brilliant food hoover. We are feeding him Hill's canned I/D - I always keep a couple of cans on hand just in case of a tummy upset. It is working - no doubt not causing cannot butt because of the way it works - which is great considering all of the mashed squash, bananas, soaked kibble he has been getting. I hope your pup is okay. It might also be cheaper to buy the food by the case.