Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
erinmn_gw

Dogs mounting our non-submissive dog

erinmn
13 years ago

I have a fairly strange question and can't get a decent answer on the interwebs. We adopted a dog in November; he's an aussie mix of some sort. At the time, he had a botched neuter in which a vessel continued to bleed into his scrotum, so the scrotum was removed in a subsequent surgery.

Every single time we take him to the offleash park, dogs are trying to mount him. He hates it and bares his teeth and growls and whips around, but they follow and pester him and drive him nuts. If he were to take it, I'd see why they persist, but he never does. Owners have told me their dogs have never acted like this before, and it's not the same dogs and it happens every bloody time.

Anybody have any ideas? Could it have something to do with the neutering and how that was pretty extensive? Lots of dogs are spending lots of time sniffing back there. It's getting to the point he's not enjoying himself at the dog park! We don't have a fenced in yard and he likes to run so the park is important since he's otherwise always on a leash for his walks and we're not nearly fast enough for him! He's about 3 or 4, very friendly and loves humans and actually goes to the humans at the dog park to get petted rather than seek out playmates. But sometimes a smaller dog will just run with him and he likes that.

Help our irresistable Mr. Watson please!

Comments (4)