Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pamghatten

Share pictures of your furry kids!

pamghatten
11 years ago

Hi All,

It's been a while since I've been on this forum ... life has just gotten so busy. But thought I'd post an updated pic of my canine kids, Lily(german shepherd/australian shepherd mix) and her best buddy Rocky (smooth-coated collie mix).

So please share a pic or two of your furry kids!

Pam

Comments (51)

• Elly_NJ
    11 years ago

My Lucy, adopted from my local shelter in 2011.

• jakabedy
    11 years ago

From left to right; Tango, Jax and Poco:

and Presto:

• murraysmom Zone 6a OH
    11 years ago

Fred and Carmelita

• pamghatten
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Aww ... they are all so adorable!!

Here are 2 of my 4 cats .. Figaro on the left was actually born in my barn ... I trapped his Mom and his 3 siblings and had them all spayed ... Figaro fell in love with Bailey, on the right so stayed with me ... his siblings all found homes and his Momma was back outside for a while and then decided inside was better!

Bailey is a 20.5 lb. monster cat! He was a teeny kitten I got from a rescue and could fit in my hand.

Let's see more of everyone's pets!

• murraysmom Zone 6a OH
    11 years ago

OK, here are Fred and Rocket.

• murraysmom Zone 6a OH
    11 years ago

Here is Teddy. He will be 25 years old in May!!

• vicki7
    11 years ago

This is our Weppa and Sasha, going on a trip! All we have to do is say the word 'go' to them and they are wild with excitement.

• murraysmom Zone 6a OH
    11 years ago

I love seeing everybody's animals. Just can't get enough of them!!

• dzyg
    11 years ago

Love everyones pretty pooches and kitties....Fred and Carmelita are a hoot!! Beautiful horse....

I haven't been around here for too long and only visit occassionally but here are my three...

They just got their hair shaved as the black one got sooo matted and I like to keep them all with the same coat/cut...
    This is Ying and Yang....LOL! Maya and Angel...

and Ginger....

• oregpsnow
    11 years ago

Here is Augusta. Seven pounds of love and conversation. Got her at the CAT Adoption Team in Oregon. Best $85 I ever spent.

• weed30 St. Louis
    11 years ago

Here's Daisy the Beagle, adopted in 2007. In this picture, I had one of those memory foam toppers laying on my dining room table because I was giving it away and someone was coming over to get it. I came around the corner and Miss Daisy, the Comfort Queen, had made herself quite at home :)

And here's Annie, a Cattle Dog/Border Collie mix. I adopted her in 2011 from the St. Louis Senior Dog Project. She was 8 - 10 at the time. They didn't have an exact age since she'd been abandoned. She is SUCH a sweet dog, and I am now hooked on adopting seniors!

• murraysmom Zone 6a OH
    11 years ago

What beautiful animals!!! And such sweet stories.

Dzyg, amazing how Maya and Angel each have one blue eye and one brown eye. Are they related?

• pamghatten
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Great photos ... beautiful pets. Miss Daisy looks way too comfortable! Lots of terriers!

Murraysmom has to show off her horse, so I'm includng my miniature donkeys .. I have 3 of them. This is Merlin, the son, after I made a path in the snow to their turn out shed to get them out of the barn for a while.

• murraysmom Zone 6a OH
    11 years ago

He is sweet, sweet, sweet!!! I love his picture!! That is a lot of snow. :)

• dzyg
    11 years ago

Quote "Dzyg, amazing how Maya and Angel each have one blue eye and one brown eye. Are they related?"

No they are not related but Maya is a Blue Merle and we are assuming Angel is a merle too with the blue eye, we got her from a shelter. I took one look at her and knew I had to have her....

• ice1
    11 years ago

Here is my nearly 7year old Húgó a shihtzu. He is the love of the family.

• mooner
    11 years ago

hi all love the pics. here is "Dallas"
    Dallas is an 8 year old Labradoodle

This post was edited by mooner on Sat, Apr 6, 13 at 0:34

• pamghatten
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Awww .. more cuties!

Is Dallas an Irish Wolfhound?

• LullabyF360
    11 years ago

This is Chernobyl Laufeyson. He's five months old. Full blooded German. His parents are both over 100lbs.

I have more dogs, but they are at my parent's &, they won't let me have them.

• LullabyF360
    11 years ago

& this is Demon Houdini the Turd (no, that is not a typo). We estimate him to be 6 years old. He was a rescue. The lifespan of a ferret is 5-8 years old, but he by no means acts old!

(Sorry for the double post. For some reason I couldn't up load more than one photo at a time)

• christine1950
    11 years ago

I love all the fur baby pictures, and what a great topic, I cant wait to see all the additional pictures. This is Kit I adopted her from the spca, it was love at first sight..

• bonebloodyidle
    11 years ago

I became a member of this kitten's staff in August 2011. Here he is enjoying the fire I lit especially for him one cold night that Winter

• rlforman
    11 years ago

Here is our American Bulldog, Maggie!

• maxmom96
    11 years ago

This is Blithe Spirit, my seven month old Sheltie.

• Rudebekia
    11 years ago

Here are my two kids: sibling 12 year old rescues. Basil is the tuxedo; Sally the calico.

• murraysmom Zone 6a OH
    11 years ago

There sure are a lot of beautiful fur babies here!! Good thing we aren't having a beauty contest!! LOL

Such pretty pets!

• LullabyF360
    11 years ago

I love the one from Dzyg. Most notably that they are not related! A chance of that happening is astounding. I love it! It makes them all the more special, & proves there are wonderful things in this world that need appreciating.

• schoolhouse_gw
    11 years ago

15yr.old "Kitty" surveying his "kingdom" in the orchard:

3yr.(appx) feral "Pretty" deciding she likes inside as well as outside now:

• ejcooke
    11 years ago

Gracie the Boxer, Tom T. Black Tuxedo and Tango gray and white. Tango is 19 yrs old. The all get along well and share the bed in front of the wood heater frequently.

• murraysmom Zone 6a OH
    11 years ago

Such pretty babies. I love when cats and dogs get along so well.

All the animals here are beautiful.

• trianglejohn
    11 years ago

Roscoe von Puddemtat with Tami Faye Barker sharing the heat of the sunshine through the patio door.

Tami (best dog in the whole wide world) was a Pets Mart parking lot adoptee way back when the last thing I needed was another pet. She just turned 14 and is in declining health but home and happy.

Roscoe had only been in the house a week and a half the day I took this foto. The folks at the rescue said he was good with dogs, they weren't kidding!

• murraysmom Zone 6a OH
    11 years ago

Oh my gosh, that picture made my day!!!

That is just hilarious!!

• pamghatten
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I love the pictures and the stories!! And who said cats and dogs don't get along???

• AarenAce
    11 years ago

Here is mine...............

• murraysmom Zone 6a OH
    11 years ago

Cute, cute, cute!!

• jaceysgranny
    11 years ago

They are all adorable. I would like to play with all of them.

• LullabyF360
    11 years ago

I was the one who posted the pictures of the German & ferret. I wish we could post videos on here, because I woke up this morning to my dog chasing his tail in front of Demon's cage. He would stop for a second to see if Demon approved, then he would start again. Demon kept giving him crazy looks as if to say "what in the world do you call yourself doing?" I guess that is Chernobyl's way of playing with him lol.

• leftygal
    11 years ago

I LOVE animals, have 8 furry friends of my own. :)

• leftygal
    11 years ago

PeeWee is the patriarch of my furry friends!

• Pawprint
    10 years ago

• elkay_gw
    10 years ago

Sky, Kodi Meadow & Dora

• socks
    10 years ago

Here's Oski when he was a puppy, back in 2010. I've always loved this picture.

{{gwi:1558654}}

And our kitty, Daisy:

{{!gwi}}

• Danahills
    10 years ago

Deleted

This post was edited by jstell2008 on Fri, Sep 26, 14 at 20:42

• pkspigs
    10 years ago

Here is our baby: Sajan's Lady Josie 6 weeks old here

• Nancy in Mich
    10 years ago

Last October, my Casey Jones, our spotted hound (actually he was probably a Setter/Beagle mix) died. He had been treated for a brain tumor for almost three years with daily prednisone, phenobarbital, tramadol, and thyroid replacement hormone. I knew the prednisone would be hard on his body, but it kept his tumor from making him so violent. He had been attacking our meekest dog for a year and a half before the diagnosis, and the pred really helped him regain control of his rages. So given all of that, I felt we were lucky to have him as long as we did. He was a handful, though! Into everything at every turn, unable to control impulses to jump up and steal anything you laid down that was edible. We were master gatekeepers at our house and never able to relax due to having to monitor him at all times. Luckily, he never figured out how to open the fridge or the pantry, just the garbage and some of the bedroom doors. We ended up changing some of our lever door knobs back to round to keep him out. Loved him to death, though.

After Casey passed, Toby was all alone for the first time in his life. At first he seemed to enjoy it, but around Christmas time, he got very mopey. When his Auntie visited, he said hello and just went back to sleep, not even asking for a belly rub. With Daddy home for a week, he showed no excitement or interest. We thought he needed a doggy companion, so we got Lizzy, a 11 year-old mini Dachshund, from a rescue. Turns out she was cranky and not interested in playing with Toby, but having her around did perk him up. Here is a picture of her going to get her nails clipped with Toby. She is closer to the camera, so looks larger than she really is. She is actually about a quarter of Toby's size.

Here is a link that might be useful: The late Casey on THS with me in 2008

• handymac
    10 years ago

Max and Molly

• murraysmom Zone 6a OH
    10 years ago

Handymac, is that Max or Molly? There is only one dog there, isn't there?

Here is another picture of Carmelita. Just because she looks so cute.

• handymac
    10 years ago

Max's working face

• murraysmom Zone 6a OH
    10 years ago

Oh my, I'm guessing you wouldn't get any intruders with that guy protecting you and your home! He's very intimidating looking.

• beegood_gw
    10 years ago

I want to delete this message

This post was edited by beegood on Thu, Aug 22, 13 at 10:44

Sponsored
Prime Custom Kitchen & Bath
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars43 Reviews
DC Metro's Award Winning Custom Design, Build, and Remodeling Company