Return to the Pets Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Best place to buy Antlerz? And ChurpiChews?

Posted by ms_minnamouse (My Page) on
Thu, Feb 3, 11 at 16:34

As an owner of a dog with allergies to chicken, beef, corn, wheat, and soy, it's hard to find things for her to snack on!

Where do you guys buy your antlers and ChurpiChews (or other brand yak milk hard chews) from? Low prices are important because I'm broke.

And is it important that the antlers are aged?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Best place to buy Antlerz? And ChurpiChews?

Okay, never mind about the brand QT Churpi Chews because they don't last! I'm looking for the Himalayan Chews, they lasted much longer than the other brand.

o

How about dehydrated treats? I buy lots of good natural deyhydrated treats at 'N/A Nothing Added'. Beef snouts, bully sticks, tracheas, liver, tripe - all very healthy and should be ok for your dog. My girls love the chicken feet too. No, they aren't 'cheap', since they're real food not junk food, but the beef snouts are a very good buy I think. http://www.dehydratedlivertreats.com/

Here is a link that might be useful: N/A Nothing added.

o
R: Best place to buy Antlerz? And ChurpiChews?

Oh I'm sorry didn't realize he was allergic to beef too. How about duck feet? NA carries those.

o

No reflection on you but I think it's kind of ridiculous how much they mark up offal in the pet supply industry. If we weren't buying it for our dogs,it would be sold for pennies on the pound to be rendered for fertilizer and for super cheap at the supermarket for ethnic and old country foods.

I could buy the chicken feet and other things for much cheaper at the grocery stores and dehydrate them myself or for cheaper at most pet stores than at that website. I do appreciate the suggestion though.

o

I didn't know you could buy antlers for dog treats but I think they would be very expensive. We have a farm with lots of roaming deer who shed their antlers every winter. Problem is, they are very hard to find because critters eat them up immediately.

Once they are at least two years old, they are so hard that even our labs can't chew through them. They are better than any bone I have tried.

o

You could dry very thin slices of sweet potato in a dehydrator or in your oven on the lowest setting. Also, carrots work well.

o

Try asking on freecycle if any hunters will give you antlers. Or even Craigslist. If you find a hunter or a few you might even be able to get some bones for her to chew on. Just freeze any meaty bones for a couple of weeks first. Or you could ask for someone to look for shed antlers while out hunting and offer to pay something.

o

I think the antlerz have to be aged first.

o

This is where I get my antlers and bully sticks...I love them!!

Here is a link that might be useful: Helping Udders

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pets Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here