Return to the Pets Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
excess humidity and cats

Posted by luvdogs (My Page) on
Wed, Feb 10, 10 at 9:57

Hello.

At night, i keep my 5 cats in a separate room so i can let the dogs in.

The room suffered significant damage in a wind/rain storm and has been more humid than usual as it drys out from the rain that came in.

One of the cats is sick now - taking him to the vet asap and meanwhile i'm giving him clavamox. His symptom is lethargy - and some inappetance.

Anyone know about a problem with humidity and cats? The other four cats seem just fine.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: excess humidity and cats

If the humidity is high enough to cause respiratory distress, none of those cats should be confined in that room, & I don't know that Clavamox will help;
it's an anti-biotic & won't help fungal or bacterial infection.

I'd take that cat to the vet right this minute.

I wish you the best.

o
RE: excess humidity and cats

Any type of stress can cause all kinds of problems in cats including urinary problems and respiratory problems. Humidity isn't usually an issue by itself- there are millions of cats living outdoors in the tropics without problems. But if there is mold or other allergens because of high humidity that could be a major problem to allergic cats.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pets Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here