Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
toomuchglass

What is my dog mixed with ???

toomuchglass
14 years ago

She's now 4 years old . We got her at our humane society ...... all they told us is - she's a "cocker mix " . ( She was a stray they picked up as a puppy ) I can see the cocker in her looks .

We have to clip her head ,ears & legs. The rest of her is short & never grows out. She begs like a cocker with the legs high up . She's also about 20 pounds. She's a nervous Pee-er ... anyone that catches her off guard - she has to lick herself - if strangers come in and want to pet her - it's an instant ( happy - but fearful ) puddle on the floor . She's so lovable towards us ...

~*~*~* Now the questionable part ...this has to be traits of another breed....... I just don't know what . When she wants a treat -- or wants to come in the house --- she jumps straight up - about 3 feet . She's keeps it up ....like a jumping jack... Boing - boing - boing ! She loves to jump straight up .

She also can focus on movement - dogs on our TV ....

( she goes crazy when she sees the dogs - charges the TV and barks like crazy )

Also ...... any movement in our yard ... ( usually squirrels or birds on the ground ) She just goes off the deep end trying to catch them. She started digging - we stopped that . If a squirrel runs up our tree -- she'll jump at the tree till she is exhausted. Any little thing that moves , fascinates her . Flies, frogs, spiders ....

As she got older - it seems she doesn't like other dogs ............like she doesn't consider herself a dog.

Are these traits of a breed that you know of ? I'd sure love to know your opinions . The jumping straight up has to be a good clue. As always - thank you !

{{!gwi}}

Comments (8)