Return to the Pets Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
spaying excitable female

Posted by villanueva (My Page) on
Tue, Jan 3, 12 at 19:31

i went this morn. to spay my girl of 17 months only to get a call from the vet that she died even prior to the operation. she is/was an excitable rottie, a fear biter, when nervous would snap at people who tried to get near her. buffalo had much energy and tenacity, always jumping everywhere, relentless fighting through the fence to get to the other female pup of recent. so the recommendation is that spay when younger. aparantly although sedated, somewhat when in the cage, when removed to proceed to the operating table, was not sedated enough that she went into a frenzy, started attempting to bite the staff (out of fear and stress) and had a cardiac arrest. i am so so sorry i did not spay her sooner when she was smaller, i think she would have been easier to handle and not so afraid of what was going on. i miss my little buffalo. i am heartbroken. she will surely be missed. i love you little one, my little bufflo...thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: spaying excitable female

So sorry for your loss. Without sounding cold or heartless, she may have been suffering with a brain tumour or other condition that caused her to be so unmanagable. Perhaps she was even in a great deal of pain. Unfortunately, our poor pets cannot communicate what hurts or what is wrong. Perhaps an autopsy if you can will provide you with some understanding. Again, losing a pet is just soooo tough. Many of us have been there and understand your pain. So, so, sorry. :(

Ginny

o

Sorry for your loss. What an awful thing to happen to your pet.

o

I'm so sorry for your loss. You were doing the best you could for her.

o

What a shame. My thoughts are with you.

o

awww, so sorry for you and your girl.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pets Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here