Return to the Pets Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Splitting a package of Frontline Plus.

Posted by Bumblebeez (My Page) on
Tue, Jan 24, 12 at 17:44

I can't believe it's taken me this long to learn a big money saving tip. I have 2 small dogs, 17 lb and 21 lb. and for several years have been spitting a medium dog dose....

But Now, I just realized an extra large dose only costs a few dollars more and I can get 4, maybe five doses out of it.

So, I now have a package carefully taped and stored for next month.

I make lines with a sharpy on the package to help know how much for each dog.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Splitting a package of Frontline Plus.

Frontline doesn't need to be given every month unless you have an active flea infestation. It's good for up to 90 days (see label on box.) Most apply every other month during flea season.

o

We have many wild acres here and practically no cold weather so they do need it. (70 today) Theoretically, it should be that way, but I can tell when the thirty days more or less are up, they start scratching and stop after getting Frontline.
And ticks are a big issue.

o

I live in snowy cold maine and I use it very 30 days..Fleas live inside in your rugs..

o

we do it too, in the summer months when fleas can be a problem. Saves a ton of money. I just share one tube for 100+ lb dog between our two 50# dogs.

It's a good tip to pass along!

o

You can do the same with cats. Get the largest package available and then pull up .8 on a 1cc syringe. Make sure you don't use the enhanced Frontline. Compare the labels to ensure you are getting the same ingredients in the cat and dog forumula so you don't kill the cats.

o

I tried the syringe once Hiw, and was fumble fingers with it. So, far, marking the package has worked better for me.

What is enhanced Frontline?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pets Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here